1715 Fleet video Question?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

Treasure-Girl1715

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonah, Hi... you were one of the ones! One of my favorite parts was when one of your crew came up with that sword handle. Did you ever find out for sure if that was a sword handle?

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eyewitness accounts matter and envy is a horrible emotion

I still remember every detail of that crazy Thursday.

If you didn't believe it really happened why did you show up with a $3000 Aquasound and run around like a squirrel looking for a lost nut?

Its a pirate gathering where stories of treasure found is told,some true and some not so true.

OP
OP
T

Treasure-Girl1715

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you guys clean it up? I sure would like to see what it looks like after its cleaned, whats it made out of, got a picture?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET!

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can find some pics I'm sure. As long as the wind is blowing we will stop out at the picnic. But if its west. We will be finding treasure. Any other questions let me know and I'll try to help you out. Thanks

OP
OP
T

Treasure-Girl1715

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys going back to where you got the sword handle? Jensen Beach, right?

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at this time,we are continuing to work the beach area.

OP
OP
T

Treasure-Girl1715

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thats too bad, When I was growing up, i would visit my grand parents who lived in Jensen Beach, my grandfather use to tell me stories of treasure on the the beaches so when i came across your video i was naturally drawn to it. I was really hoping you were planning on working there again. I cant imagine finding a new wreck and not go back. If i offered financial support would you consider going back? Did you find anything else besides the sword handle?

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day we will be back. Just got to approach it in the right way. We find a lot where and know the area. We will stay here for a while.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I will be at the cookout -- I hope to chat with many folks on many subjects --oddly folks often treat me like E F HUTTON... for some odd reason they like to pick my brains ....since I retired from 27 years in the merchant marines back retired in 2007 -- for the last 10 years --the 1715 has become my full time hobby --even before I retired I studied it heavily -- while at sea I often had time at night to read for 3 to 4 hours at night ..I read quality stuff lots of it and being I spent 8 months a year on ship (240 days at oh 3 hours a night reading ) --720 hours a year (equal to 30 days) times oh say 27 years = which is equal to 2 1/4 years around the clock non stop reading -plus the time spent since retirement as well studying it ....

and yes strong westerly winds will blow dirt / silt from the shoreline / shallows area out to sea exposing items in the shallows --- being the 1715 hurricane winds came upon them from the southeast (right hand--- starboard rear quarter) and then east direction ( starboard --directly on the side) as it went past the fleet up the coastline blowing them into the shallows / shoreline---the counter wind to help expose stuff would be a strong westerly wind ...nor west might work too but nor east and easterly likely to silt things in ..but the stirring up of a nasty storm might uncover one spot while filling another with sand--its odd really how the ocean floor can shift about on a whim..

the ocean she gives and she taketh away --lost several good friends on the EL FARO --due to a stupid capt and a greedy company ...never forget that for every bit of 1715 shipwreck treasure found --that there was a price paid for it ..in human suffering --the indains enslaved to mine the gold and silver --the Spanish seaman who died in the wrecks ...so treat each piece of treasure found with the respect due it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread