Trust Not the Government of Florida

lockdownking

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Did my research.
2. Drove over 800 miles and bought a canoe to get to an area of interest.
3. Researched area of interest and found it to point to a ship just offshore.
4. Tried contacting the state to get a permit that would allow me to dive to find ship.
5. Was denied a permit.
6. Information was used to alert another treasure company by the permit department, who apparently has ties monetarily.
7. Company used magnetometer to find my ship within a 3 mile radius of state beach. Committed Felony of 3rd degree. No-one charged.
8. Department of State notified.
9. Investigation on-going.
10. Ship location just South of Cape Canaveral in state waters.

DO NOT TRUST THE STATE OF FLORIDA PERMIT DEPARTMENT.
Why am I posting? So others can from my lessons. Do I care who knows? Not in the least, anymore.
Do I have another treasure hunt ongoing?
You bet I do and it has already been located. Just need to gain access to a property listed under LLC. Anyone have any workaround for access to LLC?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Jim. Remember me? I warned you about this. You have to turn pirate and not deal with the state.

OP
OP
L

lockdownking

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant Afford

Hello Jim. Remember me? I warned you about this. You have to turn pirate and not deal with the state.

I cant afford to go to jail for 5 years. Couldnt afford to line someones pockets either, lol. No huge loss.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area and whom do you think the State is working with ?
Whatever company they are receiving the largest kickbacks from, that's who. This is Florida, if you've been here any length of time you know it's not what you know, it's who. One hand washes the other. The "good ole boy" system is still alive and thriving in good ole Florida and many other places I'm sure. I'm in the construction industry and I see it all the time. I don't know why it would be any different in the treasure salvage business.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whatever company they are receiving the largest kickbacks from, that's who. This is Florida, if you've been here any length of time you know it's not what you know, it's who. One hand washes the other. The "good ole boy" system is still alive and thriving in good ole Florida and many other places I'm sure. I'm in the construction industry and I see it all the time. I don't know why it would be any different in the treasure salvage business.

I see what you are saying, but the only people the State would work with, and have funded for projects, is Light house a non profit, inexperienced company, that wants to come i after someone finds a wreck, "this could be"

I would be interested in seeing the paper work on the trying to get the permit and the area

GME has no interest in ever working in State waters with the State of Florida again, because you cannot trust the people whom work for the State in this department for sure.

thanks if there is anymore info on this

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you are saying, but the only people the State would work with, and have funded for projects, is Light house a non profit, inexperienced company, that wants to come i after someone finds a wreck, "this could be"

I would be interested in seeing the paper work on the trying to get the permit and the area

GME has no interest in ever working in State waters with the State of Florida again, because you cannot trust the people whom work for the State in this department for sure.

thanks if there is anymore info on this
To me it looks as if you need an attorney just to read the rules required to get a permit. Crazy. https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=1A-31

OP- As for working with an LLC, have you looked up the owners? Is it a Florida LLC? If so look them up here- Search for Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Trademarks by Name

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To me it looks as if you need an attorney just to read the rules required to get a permit. Crazy. https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=1A-31

OP- As for working with an LLC, have you looked up the owners? Is it a Florida LLC? If so look them up here- Search for Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Trademarks by Name

I do not understand what you mean look up the LLC what LLC ?

And yes u need an attorney but not to fill the paper work out, its when you find something, this is when u need an attorney

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are so many wrecks outside state waters of Florida,east coast .Gulf of Mexico,just pick one and get to work.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I will state it again! It is past time trying to work with the State of Florida and it is time to get the U.S. Attorney General and Justice Department involved with investigating the State of Florida's Departments, employees and especially the Archies for Criminal Misconduct when it comes to granting permits to Treasure Salvors, for putting up roadblocks at every step of the process, for circumventing Treasure Salvor's Salvage Rights by notifying Foreign Countries that a find is one of their' long lost ships, for Breach of Contract, for possibly taking under the table payouts and bribes, for possibly taking many of the finds salvaged from Treasure Ships and giving them to Politicians and other entities for favors or political influence or keeping the finds for themselves when they should be cataloged and locked away in the State's Treasury. The State of Florida, it's employees and Archies have a long history of misconduct, on some of which I believe Criminal charges can be brought. It is bad enough that the void I found in the entrance way of the West Martello Towers (a former Civil War Fort) which lead to a cache (three cases I was told) of Civil War Brown Bess Rifles, barrels of Black Powder and other items which were removed from under the Fort and disappeared with the exception of one, which I was told (but can't verify) made it to the Florida Museum but to continue this criminal misconduct even today when Treasure Salvors and their' Investors spend tens to hundreds of millions of dollars a year to research, search and locate valuable and other historic shipwrecks and their' cargo, then get shot down by some new ruling or even the courts that side with the State and/or with Spain or other countries.

Frank

Last edited:

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Question: How about if you were metal detecting on the BEACH in FL and you happened to dig up a Treasure Chest? WHO does that belong to? Does anyone know the rules for metal detecting finds on FL beaches??
Thanks in advance.
Tony

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Finders keepers on Florida public beaches. Every year here on the Treasure Coast there are folks who find 1715 coins, both gold and silver, and some really nice ones..drop it in your pocket and go on home. I know of cases where certain large boats have backed up close into the beach and had people standing on the beach a few feet away hoping that a coin blows out of the hole and onto the beach, where it is- Finders Keepers.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all of Florida's legal system is bad. I found them very helpful when I was dealing with them over a credit card fraud issue dealing with Kellyco.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Not all of Florida's legal system is bad. I found them very helpful when I was dealing with them over a credit card fraud issue dealing with Kellyco.

:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
Your problem with Kellyco has no bearing or no relation whatsoever to the problems that Treasure Salvors seeking Exploration and Salvage Permits face every day when dealing with the State of Florida, it's Departments and Archies!

Frank

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
Your problem with Kellyco has no bearing or no relation whatsoever to the problems that Treasure Salvors seeking Exploration and Salvage Permits face every day when dealing with the State of Florida, it's Departments and Archies!

Frank

You are correct, I dealt with another department within the same "SYSTEM". There are bad apples even the best boxes. Just call out that department so the bad reflection does not cover all who work there.:headbang:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: How about if you were metal detecting on the BEACH in FL and you happened to dig up a Treasure Chest? WHO does that belong to? Does anyone know the rules for metal detecting finds on FL beaches??
Thanks in advance.
Tony
Yeah, anything over 50 years old found on public land which includes the beach, belongs to the state.

Finders keepers on Florida public beaches. Every year here on the Treasure Coast there are folks who find 1715 coins, both gold and silver, and some really nice ones..drop it in your pocket and go on home. I know of cases where certain large boats have backed up close into the beach and had people standing on the beach a few feet away hoping that a coin blows out of the hole and onto the beach, where it is- Finders Keepers.
I agree just don't get caught.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread