The Official 2017 Treasure Hunter's Cookout "head count" thread.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As you might have guessed from the title, I'd like to ask those who are going to attend "for sure" to check in.
If you are bringing something or someone interesting you could throw that in here too.

If your situation changes or you wish to add something to what you had to say...please edit your original post. Math is hard enough without having to keep going to find an eraser when adding up who's doing what to whom on what day. I am also The World's Worst with names, so confusing me is to no one's advantage.

Attempted humor from a guy with a cold:
For anyone parsing the phrase "head count". One person = 1 head.
If you have 2 heads, you still only count as one head. Cerberus was said to have three heads, but dogs don't count at all in this thread.
Your imaginary friends, unless they are corporeal in nature, do NOT count as heads nor tails. We all have those folks who we imagine to be friends and later find out we were mistaken. If those are with you, they count as one head per human.
If you are transporting severed heads in a cooler in your truck - you still only count as one head.
If you are "The Head Cheese" or have been told you have a case of "the big head" ...you're still only gonna count as 1 head.
Heads of corporations, businesses and/or households...still just one head.
Head on up this way and have a great time.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One head-sent in donation to Jeff via paypal

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Good move Bill, I tried this in the past. I think one time about 50 responded and I still wound up with a crowd of 250! LOL.

Of course Deb, myself, daughter Kristin with hubby-Richard and Baby Aquanut Liam, who at five years old now has informed me "I no Baby PopPop" That's 5.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my Mermaid...2

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Treasure CDave, I'm bringing my youngest son and a friend of his the day before the cookout.The 3 of us will help with setting up. I'll bow out of the cooking, that's why I use liberal doses of hot sauce when I cook. It masks how bad the food would taste without it.

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure CDave, I'm bringing my youngest son and a friend of his the day before the cookout.The 3 of us will help with setting up. I'll bow out of the cooking, that's why I use liberal doses of hot sauce when I cook. It masks how bad the food would taste without it.

Sounds good Ed. I have a couple extra rods, all the gear, cast nets etc. maybe we can get some fishing in before or after. Maybe bring a couple rods if you have room. If we need more, I can always borrow some.

John, I have a chest freezer if you need to store burgers, hot dogs til day of. I should say half of a chest freezer ;)

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Sounds good Ed. I have a couple extra rods, all the gear, cast nets etc. maybe we can get some fishing in before or after. Maybe bring a couple rods if you have room. If we need more, I can always borrow some.

John, I have a chest freezer if you need to store burgers, hot dogs til day of. I should say half of a chest freezer ;)

We probably won' need the freezer Dave. But it's a possibility.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I guess...I might show up..so thats 1 head...( I don't eat much...usually...often....except when that pesky tape worm wakes up)

ag

Funny thing is... I have never eaten at any of the cookouts. Too busy drinkin' and shootin' the bull...s.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am coming.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna be there. Can do whatever John. On standby for service. Give me a buzz as needed.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
talked to the wife --she said if I'm healthy enough its a go --she might come as well --hope to see folks on the 29th of april

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread