Any info on a Treasure Coast Fl. Resident?(Found his nautical charts/some reasearch)

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I heard from one of the divers that they were actually hunting for lobsters when they found the silver pile. They weren't even expecting to find treasure at that point. They were looking for dinner! Treasure is where you find it - usually at the least expected time.

Kane Fisher..."Dad, put away the charts, we just found the world's most expensive lobster condominium!"

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
silver snappers and golden lobsters ...my kinda fish

by looking at the two sets of maps -- maybe a master file of bottom snags from New Orleans to Charleston can be made ...now that would be impressive ...and also with some research added in --these wreck spots might turn up some valuable info ..especially if their over 3 miles out

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
good --best if there are no entanglements of the state type

OP
OP
PetesPockets55

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!What a great time at the cookout. So many here were sooo welcoming and helpful with the box of charts and other paraphernalia. (Got there late and missed the goodie bags with the escudos in them!!Rats.) I got to meet a bunch of people-ropesfish, aquanut, ivan salis, agflit, Dan, Kevin, Tim, & Captain Kym apologies to anyone I may have forgotten as my brain gets porous sometimes) who helped determine that about 90% of the information was definitely intended to help find scaley treasure (fish). Indian River, near shore, off shore, north and south. Temperatures and depths, reefs, ledges, flats, shallows, WWII wrecks and structure. Some information put together for a local angler club.
It is hard to tell what was on the original owners mind for the other 10% because there was no explanation spelling it out.
But no matter what, I have great stories for my grand kids and some charts hopefully for some great fishing.
I'll keep you updated if/as I find out anything more.
Thanks again, you guys and gals are da bomb!!!

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Pete great to meet you and chat about the charts and info, having given it lots of thought, I believe you should go show it all to Bill black, ropesfish ( a more honest guy you couldn't find) if he finds anything based on your info I know he would be generous,,,,

OP
OP
PetesPockets55

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pete great to meet you and chat about the charts and info, having given it lots of thought, I believe you should go show it all to Bill black, ropesfish ( a more honest guy you couldn't find) if he finds anything based on your info I know he would be generous,,,,
SADS Thank you for taking the time to meet and opine. Always good to put a 3D face with a pseudonym.;D I was about as aware of what was in the box as a reef worm so I really appreciate everyone's time, input and suggestions. Now to just continue and followup with the suggestions. There sure were a lot of "interesting characters" at the cookout!! :occasion14:Cliff

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
note the one spot --from that map had the word "republic"? on it ---that vessel was found and had millions on it now I wonder if the spot on that map was marked pre discovery or post discovery of the group that salvaged her ? ---and if so I would check every bit of the other charts very very carefully ...if it was pre discovery ...if he was hunting one treasure wreck he might have been looking for others as well

OP
OP
PetesPockets55

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
note the one spot --from that map had the word "republic"? on it ---that vessel was found and had millions on it now I wonder if the spot on that map was marked pre discovery or post discovery of the group that salvaged her ? ---and if so I would check every bit of the other charts very very carefully ...if it was pre discovery ...if he was hunting one treasure wreck he might have been looking for others as well
Thanks Ivan, I think you're right about him hunting for others. I don't doubt he was tracking and noting ships in his research. But I believe that your ship in question had to do with a WWII wreck The Republic (1942) that the previous owner noted from his Navy list of wrecks. A Republic is also noted on Ropesfish Facebook page (with sunken ships) off Hobe Sound. It was nice to meet you and the missus and hope to meet up again. Cliff

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions