Search & Salvage 2017 - 2 diver/deckhands needed.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's almost that time of year, folks and Captain Kym Ferrell and I are looking forward to getting this show on the road. We are ready to get back to recovering treasure from di bottom of di sea!
>>Folks who are interested in taking part in this years effort are invited to get in touch with either Kym or myself to ensure that you get to participate. We are almost fully subscribed, so please let us know soon if we can count you in.
>>We are changing the way things work on the boat this year and we are in the market to hire 2 deckhand/divers for the summer to go with the other 2 deckhand/divers...Kym and I.
Qualifications are - you must be a certified diver with a C-Card.
The job is in Sebastian, Florida.
You need to be in very good health, willing to show up on time, generally 7AM at the dock, work hard and keep a reasonably sunny attitude even when us old guys aren't as diplomatic as we would like to be.
There will be diving, anchor rope pulling, anchor swimming, anchor burying, metal detecting, boat work and treasure finding. It is often a lot of fun, but it is summer in Florida. The heat and the work can be a little intense.We will not ask you to do anything we won't or haven't done.
Capable, responsible, interested women or men are invited to message, email or call either of us between 9 AM and 9 PM from April 7th through April 25th or til the jobs are filled.
Kym A Ferrell - [email protected]
Bill Black- [email protected] or 772 584 0028
Thanks for your interest and let us get ready to bring up some 1715 treasure!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
:) I guess not. TreasureCDave is going to be enjoying the view from the boat this summer, I have a couple of people from Facebook and an anthropology student that Kevin referred to email back tomorrow, but I guess it's a big step for most folks from having a job to taking the chance to go diving with the sharks for treasures in the deep blue sea. Our crewmate from last summer, Grant, is moving over to work with Jonah, Bill and Dan on the Capitana. That's why we're still short at least one hand. We'll have 2 or 3 people on deck to operate and move the boat, one person detecting the hole and the other roaming with a detector most of the time. We are going to have the very best year in a very long time. Someone is going to get to see it close up and get a share instead of having to see it on Facebook. :)

https://www.facebook.com/Search-and-Salvage-1002616806476767/

My personal page: https://www.facebook.com/bill.black.336

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:) I guess not. TreasureCDave is going to be enjoying the view from the boat this summer, I have a couple of people from Facebook and an anthropology student that Kevin referred to email back tomorrow, but I guess it's a big step for most folks from having a job to taking the chance to go diving with the sharks for treasures in the deep blue sea. Our crewmate from last summer, Grant, is moving over to work with Jonah, Bill and Dan on the Capitana. That's why we're still short at least one hand. We'll have 2 or 3 people on deck to operate and move the boat, one person detecting the hole and the other roaming with a detector most of the time. We are going to have the very best year in a very long time. Someone is going to get to see it close up and get a share instead of having to see it on Facebook. :)

https://www.facebook.com/Search-and-Salvage-1002616806476767/

My personal page: https://www.facebook.com/bill.black.336

Would jump at the chance if i could. Sadly not this year for me :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife says I can do it... Once the divorce is finalized! :laughing7:

But seriously, if I was younger, this would be a blast, and an experience to remember.

Good Luck, and be safe!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wish you needed another grumpy, old, out of shape guy, I would apply.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookslike bay pirate isnt scared of bull sharks,sting rays,jellyfish and the occasional great white shark that comes to visit and the zero vis.

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Full up, thanks to all who checked in. I sure wish we had the funding to be able to pay wages, maybe next year or on the next project. We are also fully subscribed. Thanks to all of our patrons as well. Without some folks to help with the expenses we'd all be working at a job 6 days to run the boat 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread