SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome back, old friend.......my house from space, at the end of the arrow...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492556749.705682.jpg

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its highly possible that the military was involved in the space projects .. using special long range large scale metal detecting equiptment along with ultra high level photographs they could detect military equipiment like missles and silos ... once turned on and "recording" it would record any and all metal masses --sort of a long range all metals-- metal detector that when linked up with photos would tell analyst --where missles or silos might be hidden at

using todays open to the public google earth -- one can zoom in and see my car in my drive way --so what could top secret military cameras of 50 years ago do ..at least as well I bet

I my self have used google earth to scan nearby offshore areas for wreck sites ... the white sand background lights up with the wrecks showing up as dark masses ...conbined with research data -- its a deadly combo ...and no cash spent until its time to ground truth the spots

Last edited:

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
note that in the tv show --that they showed cooper flipping a switch in his space capsule marked VLF --transmit --- VLF (very low freq) metal detectors anyone ,,,,? very interesting .. I am I the only one who noticed that ?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its highly possible that the military was involved in the space projects .. using special long range large scale metal detecting equiptment along with ultra high level photographs they could detect military equipiment like missles and silos ... once turned on and "recording" it would record any and all metal masses --sort of a long range all metals-- metal detector that when linked up with photos would tell analyst --where missles or silos might be hidden at

using todays open to the public google earth -- one can zoom in and see my car in my drive way --so what could top secret military cameras of 50 years ago do ..at least as well I bet

I my self have used google earth to scan nearby offshore areas for wreck sites ... the white sand background lights up with the wrecks showing up as dark masses ...conbined with research data -- its a deadly combo ...and no cash spent until its time to ground truth the spots

In about 1989 or so, it was my pleasure to hand Mel Fisher a gorgeous large aerial photo of the area from Key West to the Marquesas Keys. All I can still say is that I found it in a dumpster behind the "Company Store". OK, that may be a bald face lie, but I'm not going to get anyone in trouble. The photo quality was Keyhole Stunning, and was printed out on better plotters than the very high priced IBM ones we had at work.

So, yes - they had great quality; my guess is that at the time the resolution was about half a meter. Of course, the media was paper, so you couldn't get that sort of information from it, but beautiful nonetheless.

As far back as 1967, the KH-7 had ground resolution of 2 feet, according to the USGS.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
and is what they were admitting to in 1967 --2 feet to the public so what was it really --the military makes a point of making sure hat folks have no clue of exactly what they can do ...its called "op sec"--operational security --need to know basis..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if the govt was openly claiming 2 feet in 1967 --what was the real ability? -- anyone who has ever dealt with the military / govt knows that they spend a lot of time and effort and money to insure that the general public has no clue as to what they actually are able to do ...its called "op sec" --operational security --need to know basis --it is the whole reason for "classified" "secret" and "top secret" ratings system ( I used to have a "top secret" rating long ago)..there are a few others --like "ultra" and "eyes only" --and "destroy after reading "--(no copies to be made --no details to be written down or records made of it) --this is for the really nasty crap (often illegal stuff that the govt does but no one will admit to doing )

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@BVI Hunter

Hah! Man I love those islands... Foxys! SDB! Tons of amazing history! The dive boat captains always have great stories about unknowing people blindly stumbling on some great find. Lucky man you are! Next time I'm out that way I'm looking you up. :)

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
if the govt was openly claiming 2 feet in 1967 --what was the real ability? -- anyone who has ever dealt with the military / govt knows that they spend a lot of time and effort and money to insure that the general public has no clue as to what they actually are able to do ...its called "op sec" --operational security --need to know basis --it is the whole reason for "classified" "secret" and "top secret" ratings system ( I used to have a "top secret" rating long ago)..there are a few others --like "ultra" and "eyes only" --and "destroy after reading "--(no copies to be made --no details to be written down or records made of it) --this is for the really nasty crap (often illegal stuff that the govt does but no one will admit to doing )
Ivan, I also had a Top Secret Clearance many years ago in the Military. Even back then they could read a newspaper if someone was sitting on a park bench and reading it.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the first episode last night. If the tech existed in the 1960s why cannot people find wrecks now with the much better tech we have. It is very unlikely that the tech to spot and identify these wrecks existed 50 years ago and has been lost and does not exist now.

There was also zero evidence presented by the main guy that this data actually come from the copper.

Seems like a scam to make money selling the story to the telly. No way to prove even if he finds a wreck it come from copper notes/map

rlxgenerate

Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i posted a longer response in the linked forum but i truly think this show is about as convincing as the "bigfoot" hunters that swear he exists...this show will always be "on the verge" on finding something and yet fail to actually provide anything of substance...and if he does, it'll probably not be what he's really looking for...the "Big One"...but we'll see.

I'm recording the series to watch it and let him prove me wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread