sorry i had to leave a bit early from cook out --wife was feeeling ill..... Ivan

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! :o Oh my gosh Ivan, it was such totally my pleasure to get to meet you and the Mrs.! :notworthy:
I want to say or thought, we may have met at this picnic thing, yrs back, but I'm not certain..... :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Again, totally my pleasure and I am so glad you both came! 8-)
Let's do it again next year! :icon_thumleft: :cat:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan I was busy with my buddys and didn't get a chance to chat with you. Sorry.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was very nice to meet you and your wife, Ivan. Glad to see you could come.
I hope to see you again next year, if not before. Stay well!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, thanks for the invite to share your and Mary's table while trying to find an open spot to sit. I enjoyed chatting and having some one to groan with about the "just missed my number" raffle. Nice to put a face with a name. And it was really fantastic of you to donate the historic items, with a personal touch, to auction for the two separate fund raisers (Awesome items by the way!) It says a lot about your integrity. Cliff

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan, it was great meeting you and Mary Ann. Thank you for the great info, I'll be in touch.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well I try to help folks --- some with donations and others with info and research answers ... like which vessel wreck site is which vessel -- the historical records show that the Captaina was 10 leagues from the Urca de LIMA...so go 26 miles from the urca site and that should be the Captaina----- the records state that the urca was supplying food to survivors from the Captaina 10 leagues away

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a true pleasure to again talk to you and meet the wife,take care my friend...

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
oh she is....sadly the outdoors and her do not get along so well...delicate flower that she is

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well Ivan, as you can figure, I was pretty busy puttin' out fires, but I'm glad I got to spend a few minutes with you and meet your lovely wife. Thanks for everything!

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan-

Was great to meet ya and the wife and put a face to a name... I love the work you contribute so unselfishly, and look forward to seeing you again!! Just wish I
had been able to get back over and continue the conversation we had started...

ag

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks All! The food was absolutely fabulous. Did you really make those hot dogs yourself? The potato chips were to die for. The midgets dressed like drag queens on the uni-cycles juggling the rubber chickens were spectacular! I really liked the 400lb. female mud wrestling event. Looking forward for it again next year!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ah --next year its going to 400 lb. cross dressing midgets dressed as nuns mud wrestling while drinking gin and using bullwhips ---good clean fun for the whole family

I want to thank everyone who helped and did the work to make this a success ... being I lived so far away --I was unsure if bringing food (that could spoil) would be a good ideal --so I brought in 4 cases of extra water (being it was going to be hot and folks do need to keep hydrated) --- and of course I tried to help raise funds for both DELL and Taffi's son Mike ...both very worthy causes

I shared freely of my knowledge with friends old and new and I hoped shed some light on some very old debates about which ship is which location based upon historical data that I have access to -- basically the URCA is 10 leagues from the Capitina ...this is supported by the statement --that the urca's food supplies were being used to provide food for the Capitina which was 10 leagues away ---so if you want to know which vessel is the capitina ---cut a 10 league arc from the urca's known site and you got the Capitina's location

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread