Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, As I Bahamian I like the idea of the change ( probably for the better in my view) but I hate the fact it was a landslide, a strong opposition is vital in any country.....

I do believe UNESCO made veiled threats on the quiet to the previous administration and they caved. I do not think the new Govt will be swayed so easily. So shipwreck permits organized properly are a much more likely scenario now...

Anyway we'll see......( ps see you next week)

View attachment 1449883
I think everyone here probably already knows, about the new White House admin pulling the funding out from under the feet of UNESCO. This week I've studied the UNESCO document that got their funds cut off. They should rename themselves to "CULTURAL HERITAAGE DENIERS" because this is what they seem to be turning into quite rapidly.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think everyone here probably already knows, about the new White House admin pulling the funding out from under the feet of UNESCO. This week I've studied the UNESCO document that got their funds cut off. They should rename themselves to "CULTURAL HERITAAGE DENIERS" because this is what they seem to be turning into quite rapidly.

I've been pretty busy. I don't have a clue as to why the Trump administration pulled UNESCO's funding, but boy, am I glad they did. Could someone point me in the direction of that information?
"They should rename themselves to "CULTURAL HERITAAGE DENIERS" because this is what they seem to be turning into quite rapidly." Can I ask which 'they' you are referring to?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been pretty busy. I don't have a clue as to why the Trump administration pulled UNESCO's funding, but boy, am I glad they did. Could someone point me in the direction of that information?
"They should rename themselves to "CULTURAL HERITAAGE DENIERS" because this is what they seem to be turning into quite rapidly." Can I ask which 'they' you are referring to?
I have screenshots of the main portion of the document and of at least 2 news page headlines. I had been researching artifacts found since 2013-2016 on Temple Mt and adjacent Old City area. UNESCO attempted to block all excavation and artifact recovery on Temple Mt, the location of a palace built by King Solomon and a place he built for this Egyption princess planned to marry up thee. Pharaoh recommended to King Solomon to marry the Egyption princess as part of an ancient peace plan initiative. There has been gold menorah medallion with gold coins found by an archaeologist at the Old City site wall, a signet seal ring belonging to King David from dirt illegally removed by Palestians from a mosque over the cultural heritage dirt. More finds also highly significant. Temple Mt is a treasure trove with tunnels underneath and storage rooms underground inside the wailing wall. UNESCO wants to block 100% access in their document.

But they do threaten nations who don't go with the agenda.

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So...What's the estimated timeline going to be to see how the FNM are going to govern, and how they will treat private enterprise that can't come up off of $20 million to do some work? Treasure salvage could easily make a big addition to the Government budget.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill what is FNM? Florida Nautilcal Management?

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Desert or anybody
Do you have an address for the UNESCO unfunding information?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pete- The FNM is the "Free National Movement", the conservative one of three active political parties in the Bahamas. The other two are are PLP-the "Progressive Liberal Party" and the DNA- the Democratic National Alliance.
The FNM just swept the PLP from power in the elections on last Thursday and putting the new Prime Minister, Dr. Hubert Minnis, into office. The FNM had been the minority party for the last 5 years, holding 9 seats of 38 seats in the legislature. Last Thursday they won 35 of the 39 seats.
Here is a link to their Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_National_Movement

I remember hearing some rumor somewhere that the Christie government or someone IN the Christie government in 2013 was asking for $20 million up front to allow leases to be given out. Who the hell is going to pony up 20 million anythings up front to a corrupt government or government official since as it was pointed out to me recently by Richard V. that the corrupt ones won't even stay bought...they keep coming back for 'la mordida' ("the bite").

Here is a link to the story by Tribune Business Editor Neil Hartnell from 2013 about Odyssey's meeting with PM Christie:
PM embarking on treasure 'Odyssey' | The Tribune

06/25/2013: Wreck salvage 'disillusion' on year-long approval delay | The Tribune

2 years later 3/08/2014: Treasure salvaging can 'wipe out national debt' | The Tribune

03/18/2014: Wreck salvagers fuming on 2-year licence delay | The Tribune

Mr Pritchett (Black Duck) interviewed 4/15/2014: 'Tremendously sad' if multi-billion opportunity missed | The Tribune

Perhaps someone should contact Mr Hartnell ( [FONT=&quot][email protected]) and see if the chances have improved for salvager licensing and which officials need to be the recipients of pleasant, polite and encouraging letters and emails.

[/FONT]

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Give these guys a month or two to get a handle on the major issues then I will make a couple of phone calls and give a much more accurate idea of how the land lies.

I think if anyone goes at the " powers that be" like a bull in a china shop it could be counter productive, slow and easy wins the race here.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no such news on the Interwebs. The only thing I can find are threats and promises to defund/cut funds to UNESCO and this: https://www.theguardian.com/global-...mp-administration-un-population-fund-abortion
Apparently it is not a recent developement. I'm sure Trump will continue the effort to fight UNESCO, especially if we help him to do so.

Enough said, "but what the heck is going on" and why don't our news media cover this important info?

I found one of the links, it's old news in Jerusal media.

[h=1]US Cuts Off UNESCO Funding[/h]The US promptly made good on its threat to cut off funds to UNESCO following its vote Monday to accept the PA as a full member.

The United States has made good on its threat to cut off funding to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) following the Paris-based agency's vote Monday to accept the Palestinian Authority as a member.
State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland announced at a briefing Monday the administration had no choice in the matter, and would not make its $60 million payment in November to the agency.
A longstanding law that prohibits U.S. support for any United Nations-affiliated body that accepts Palestinian Authority membership precludes funding the international body, she said.

US Cuts Off UNESCO Funding - Israel National News

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UNESCO gold fields cultural heritage push.

"Australia currently has 19 locations which are listed by the United Nations Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organisation, three of which are cultural locations and for which are mixed cultural and natural landmarks."

Bold Goldfields plans | The Courier

Kalik Gold

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2011
Nassau
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur II
And we left a lot; including hundreds of (empty) beer and Champagne bottles.
Wonder what each one of them would fetch today?
But maybe Nick and his subsequent partner(s) got them; don't know that one.
Don.....

Don, we Haven't gone back into her in the last 25 years since that first salvage job in 92. Its on our list to do one day soon along with many many others just needed the right timing to present itself. But the brig Baltic is definitely due a proper "the Right way" excavation and media exhibition. one of a kind wreck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions