Vone Research Inc.

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Does anyone know anything about Vone Research Inc. The map someone posted under the topic Jupiter Inlet depicting all of the current salvage and exploration contracts on the east coast of FL show them to have a contract south of the Jupiter Wreck Agreement, but the map is of such poor quality that it is impossible to figure out any reference areas to use as landmarks. Does anyone know if this contract is active and where it is located?

Thanks,
Galleon Hunter

P

paddy.mick

Just call the state fellows, they'll tell you specifics- kind of have to with the FOI act. I think the jupiter inlet site is the only one worked down there, but don't know perfectly. Maybe Vone is the name of the jupiter business side of it?
Anyway....
Paddy

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dr. Ray McAllister is part of the Vone Research Group. I think Steve Singer is/was involved with them too at some point.

I don't know if their lease is still active, which I think is in the Hillsborough Inlet area.

http://voneresearch.org

OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
It appears to be a considerable distance from the Jupiter Wreck agreement, about as far south of Jupiter as the Rio Mar wreck is in ralation for Jupiter, going north. Still there is no scale and no reference to shoreward features to tell where the contract area is.

Galleon Hunter

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a copy of the state lease areas,active and non active that the state archie sent me last year,ill look at it maybe scan it if i can get my scanner to work,if that fails ill take a pic of it.

SteveS

Apr 29, 2007
Vone's lease is around the Hillsboro Inlet area. You can usually see their boat "Vone", working the area on Sunday (has twin blowers on the back). They have been working north of the Inlet lately.

I've seen coins supposedly found when the dredge was pumping sand from the inlet (1715 time frame coins), though since I did not find them, can't verify they were actually from that area. 1600's era Spanish cannon was recoverd by the Pompano Pier in the 60's and there are many wrecks buried under the sand in this area (mostly 1800's era).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions