Info on Serranillas Wrecks.

sirwilliam

May 26, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Excalibur
burt d webber jr made several vists to the area of the san pedro bank, the serranilla and serrana in the 1960's with art mckee and others--he found a badly scattered 1700's era wreck in 1963 on the northeast side of serrana bank---working there in 64 he raised a iron cannon and 2 iron swivel guns---from the same site caymanian islanders got two bronze cannons that were bought by mckee-

but here's what you seek--- I think
Jan 1605 ---the four naos of cordona*
serranilla bank ---jan 1605 four ships of tierra firme armada ---general luis hernandez de cordoba commanding --were tore to bits in a voient storm ---they were as follows
600 ton galleon SAN ROQUE capt by ruy lopez
750 ton galleon SAN DOMINGO capt by diego ramirez
500 ton nao NUESTRA SENORA DE BEGONA capt by pedro munoz
and martin de ormachea's 450 ton nao SAN AMBROSIO
two differant accounts both list large lost of life--money matters-- one says two million the other says "many millions"---a large scale recovery attempt was made and is thought to have recovered about half the treasure--these four ships can safely be said to have lost a million dollars worth that is as of yet unrecovered (as of 1970* (the date that my info comes from)---please note the million dollar figure was at 1970 $35 per oz gold price and 1.65 silver ---these wrecks would be worth 8 to 20 times that amount today--so 8 to 20 million-- ;D )
the ridge of reefs that run in as northeastline in the extreme east of the bank was called La Valira by the spanish and was noted as being quite dangerous--a mag hunt in the outer area should turn up items from these ships as a added bonus there are other ships from the terria firme fleet of 1677 that wrecked in the area -
by the way the island of serrana and both the san padro bank and serranilla banks comes from a rather unlucky vessel that wrecked on the island---SAN PEDRO SERRANO--THE ISLAND IS A TREELESS WATERLESS ISLAND AND THE CREW THAT SURVIVED HAD TO LIVE OFF THE BLOOD OF TURTLES FOR "WATER" AND THEIR FLESH FOR FOOD---they were able to salvage the treasure from the captians cabin but the other treasure from the hold was not recovered DUE TO THE DEPTH IT WAS SUNK AT-- they and the captain cabin treasure were finally recovered by another ship ---the unrecovered treasure in the hold was what webber and art mckee were after most likely back in the 60's---the area is quite hazardous and great care should be used while attempting any recovery --you will be far from aid of any sort-- and its still as "unfreindly" as ever---Ivan

sirwilliam

May 26, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Excalibur
Concerning the serranilla Banks shipwrecks. In about 1988 or 89 Dr Paul Cohen who owned a number of clinics or hospitals in Long Beach California got together with my chief diver Joe Barnett from La Jolla California and the good doctor put up 2 million dollars for a salvage operation and purchased a Canadian Icebreaker named the tropic explorer which was 180 ft long and along with many other San Diego lifeguards they went to serranilla and located some of the treasures and I have photos of it. Most of it is scattered all over the reef and the reports that I have state it sank with 7 million pesos/Spanish coins. The good doctor who later died of food poisoning in Cabo San Lucas Mexico negotiated along with my chief diver Joe Barnett with the corrupt Colombian admiral whose son was associated with the salvage expedition and the government demanded 95% of all treasure. My diver recovered a beautiful gold cross studded with emeralds that was about 3 in Long and he later sold it for $120,000 I believe. In 19 95 I filed a seabird guano fertilizer mining claim with the Secretary of State in Washington Madelyn Albright as well as another Island just to the east called bajo Nuevo and then also my Island that I personally bought navasa Island near Jamaica and Haiti which has been mined for 47 years for a super high quality organic fertilizer. Rather than go on and on with this information I welcome anybody to call me or write me or even view our new treasure diving website which I will place below.

Goldenquests.com

WhatsApp phone +3 8 0 6 6 6 9 7 8 6 9 6

Email: [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread