ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum... there are some good vids on you tube of some new stuff out that is real reasonable in price and great in function.

Do a tube search.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Contact Agflit, he dives in both those mediums with cameras 24/7

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The GoPro Hero series of cameras is probably what you are looking for. There is an assortment of both cameras and accessories to choose from, so only purchase what you need for the conditions in which you will be working or searching. I have heard that the battery cannot be replaced on the ones made specifically for underwater use but double check. However, you can get an all around GoPro Hero and purchase the underwater housing and remote.

Frank

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon : action camera

save some $$

You won't feel as bad drowning a $40 unit!

I bought 2 knock-offs to have a inexpensive back-up. Just look for lots of good reviews/ratings

4k 30 fps, 16mp Wi-Fi units for $50 :occasion14:

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Au Dreamers I bought one of those Go Pro knock offs from China. They are garbage! The pictures are so out-of-focus you can't see anything. I bought a second one. SAME THING! The movies are the worst thing I have ever seen! You get what you pay for. Get the AMERICAN MADE Go Pro and you will not regret it.

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I should have been more explicit. I meant operated remotely, like by its cord. A fish camera. Hence: real time monitoring, capable in a current (> 5 knots), good set of lights.

While I may end up diving in the Wisconsin River if I find something valuable, it's no place to spend much dive time. It's dark water, and dangerous. I'm the only one I know who's been dumb enough to have done it. In the past. The idea is to avoid scuba and view the bottom remotely.

Last edited:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bumluck-

I spend ALOT of time in the waters around here...Lake Michigan, the rivers as well as local lakes. My suggestion is to look into a remote drop camera system...in a perfect world...maybe a Video Ray rov. Keep in mind...current in the river, especially the Wisconsin, is pretty stout. You are pretty much limited to drop and drift.

I'm a huge fan of my Go Pro system for recovery documentation and search/salvage footage. Inexpensive, small footprint, portable and affordable..and takes great footage which you can pull still frames from. The key is lights lights lights... without good lighting...nothing you use will really give you good pics.

Best of luck,

ag

Rüdiger

Feb 15, 2016
Sweden
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bum

Here my self-built tow camera, the ballast is now inside the fish.
It is a panasonic color camera with 40m cable and up to 30m pressure seal.

Towcam-2.JPG

mvh
Rüdiger

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Bumluck, We used a drop camera in strong current with good results. The key is to go out and buy a down rigger with a 5 or 10 lb. Ball and attach your camera to it. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumluck, We used a drop camera in strong current with good results. The key is to go out and buy a down rigger with a 5 or 10 lb. Ball and attach your camera to it. Good Luck.

Come to think of it, I have a couple of nice electric downriggers! Great idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread