Coral encrusted Pistol

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very skeptical on this one. Perfect encrustation. According to seller has not been conserved! Even the 'xray' is simply too perfect. The xray is shown in front of a computer screen, so it leaves a bit to be desired.

s-l1600.jpg

Here is an example of one sold from the Mckee Museum...details of the conservation...and what it looks like under the coral shell....

Coral-encrusted flintlock pistol, with x-rays showing lead bullet still inside, professionally conse

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Very skeptical on this one. Perfect encrustation. According to seller has not been conserved! Even the 'xray' is simply too perfect. The xray is shown in front of a computer screen, so it leaves a bit to be desired.

View attachment 1485497

Here is an example of one sold from the Mckee Museum...details of the conservation...and what it looks like under the coral shell....

Coral-encrusted flintlock pistol, with x-rays showing lead bullet still inside, professionally conse

I am with you on this one! It appears too much like the coral encrustations were recently grown on it due to the color and done so in a controlled environment. It is not hard to add sea shells for effect and the exposed barrel metal should show much more degradation if it had lain on the ocean's floor for some 235 years before being found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coral-Encru...717844?hash=item3f84e7b714:g:TTcAAOSw4YJZZS2a

Frank

Last edited:

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You would think for 15K the seller would throw in free shipping LOL!

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, all...

Yes, the xray is very suspect. While you will get the shape of the pistol in the shell of the encrustation, there is usually not much left of the artifact,especially with an exposed end. That xray appears to show everything in very good detail.

Did you see the other auction item, the coins? that cert is a bit suspect as well. (no longer on ebay)

And this one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alidade-fro...llas-in-Bahamas-Atocha-1715-fans/272787148215

If you have $500,000 you can buy this gold bar! http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATOCHA-1622...807524?hash=item4651b946e4:g:vfoAAOSw42JZAp0H

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

For $15,000, I'd be available for deck scrubbing.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more that certain that the item, as detailed. is not available.

Moving on. In general references.

I note the other 'artifact' is no longer available. Thank you. I hope that I will not find either of these referenced elsewhere.

Now, about the other 'artifacts'?

Do you really want me to skip trace worldwide listings, or would it be best to simply refrain in the future? You make the call.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank, all...

Yes, the xray is very suspect. While you will get the shape of the pistol in the shell of the encrustation, there is usually not much left of the artifact,especially with an exposed end. That xray appears to show everything in very good detail.

Did you see the other auction item, the coins? that cert is a bit suspect as well. (no longer on ebay)

And this one... Alidade from Astrolabe/ 1650 Shipwreck Maravillas in Bahamas (Atocha-1715 fans)

If you have $500,000 you can buy this gold bar! ATOCHA 1622 FLEET SHIPWRECK GOLD BAR EnRADA MEL FISHER ESCUDOS DOUBLOON COIN COB | eBay

Nice to see you mention the bar from pirate gold coins!
Does anybody has some informations about this seller and if he can be trusted?
He has also a YT chanel but no name, no company adress nor anything else on information is to find.
I am interested in one of his cheaper 1715 escudo pieces but without any informations I am a little bit scared... I lost the last time on a simple gold bar buy 2000 Euros on a fraud at ebay.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more that certain that the item, as detailed. is not available.

Moving on. In general references.

I note the other 'artifact' is no longer available. Thank you. I hope that I will not find either of these referenced elsewhere.

Now, about the other 'artifacts'?

Do you really want me to skip trace worldwide listings, or would it be best to simply refrain in the future? You make the call.

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you notice, after I started posting about the artifacts listed, and the issues, they started being removed from ebay.

I am also very good at other sorts of research areas such as dental replacements and weight loss programs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, end it now or a mod will, post by our rules.

"Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I would never pay that kind of money for that. Besides who uses paper weights any more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread