Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im in harbor island bahamas fishing yellow fin tuna. My boss itroduces me to an old fishing buddy and after a couple rum drinks he invites us to dinner. The boss asks me to bring some treasure coins to dinner to show his friend. After a long winded story and passing the treasure coins around the table this guy calls his wife in the states and asks her to text him some pictures of the treasure they have so he can show it to me. As casually as my 4 year old farts in church this guy shows me a pic of the dragon whistle and chain. Screenshot_2017-09-04-09-43-27.png
This is a pic off the net not the one he showed me. I say do you know what a famous piece of treasure this is, I tell him that no one has seen it in 40 years and no one knows where it ever went. Of course he says what do you think its worth ? I say it priceless. He says thats not all, can you seperate a pile of coins that are stuck together. Then he shows me a pic of a large clump of siver cobs fused together. And finally he shows me a pic of a gold ring with very large crudely cut diamond that he got at the same time. Ive been invited up to the house in florida to examine all the treasure he has and possibly get some appraisals on this ( stuff) as he calls it. This is for sure the real deal and his story matches the caption in the photo. He has no clue or care to the significance of his pieces. He says he bought them in the late 60s to help out some broke treasure hunters that a close friend of his knew. He will probably give me some of the coins if I ask. This man has so much money that this stuff means nothing to him its just some (stuff) in a big box at home. He only bought it to help his friend get some capital for rex stocker and associates. I guess that meant kip Wagner and real eight. I told him that these pieces are many times more valuable than 50,000 he paid for the lot. He has no idea of the value of the items he has, nor does he care. Im still in shock and cant wait to go up and check it out. I will bring the good camera and take a bunch of photos in natural light and artificial light. He may tell me to get it sold who knows where this will go ? Guess I should start talking with frank sedgewick again. Im definitely gonna take a pic or 2 of me wearing that sucker. Hell just the pics might be worth something. He has not even looked at it in 25 years he said. Hopefully ill get up there as soon as possible to document this treasure again. Wow im still in shock !!

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Meaningful discovery if true.

I hope the story ends with that whistle being rediscovered and not just bullshit and excuses of why it couldn't be examined/produced.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too !! Im pretty excited to get up there and document it again. I dont doubt he has it since he had his wife dig it out to photograph for me. We'll see im gonna try to set up a meeting tomorrow.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's a small world, ain't it? Pretty cool coincidence! You just never know who'll be sitting next to you, you just have to start talking to them!
I'll let Rex know if I see him today.
Now...for the other important answer...how was the YFT bite? I hope you filled the fishbox!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-247.JPG
Pretty darn good this season !!! Man.....it really is some great eating stuff. Ask rex if you see him for the back story of the sale of the piece. I believe this is the origanal buyer from the 60s.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow au. You look like the king of bling with all that treasure on. Very nice.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha yeah and I had a nice little "suppository" bar in my fingers. I'm sure the ocean cleaned it!!

Isn't it awesome that regular people can touch and hold and experience such magnificent pieces of history.

Draon Whistle.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.....it sure is !!!! Nice to see some genuine treasure shots on this forum too. Dont see many treasure pics here on the shipwreck forum.

Last edited:

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whistle belongs to a guy that collects treasure. He owns some of the coolest stuff ever found. Awesome collection.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing what you can discover over a few beers! Good thing it didn't end up in a garage sale for $5.00....LOL!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shes talking about post number 5. My tuna fish

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing read, thanks for sharing!

Ceviche! (post no5)

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice, nice fish! I'll see if I can run across him in the next few days. Seems like everyone in Florida is at Home Depot or Walmart.

View attachment 1490602

Pretty darn good this season !!! Man.....it really is some great eating stuff. Ask rex if you see him for the back story of the sale of the piece. I believe this is the origanal buyer from the 60s.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe down there guys! In the past how do hurricanes affect the wrecks other than dumping more sand on them?

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sashimi is thinly sliced fresh raw seafood. From a fresh Yellowfin it is awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread