Hurricane Irma

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
if your in the keys and staying,got free ice ,i think..lot of places are going to give it away,tommorrow morning,hate to adervertize but ..were in for a wild time,ill check back

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10/4 keyshunter thanx. Yup !!

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like this storm is painting a target on Florida ..
Tampa hasn't had winds over 70 mph since 2004..
If the track verifies ...there are a lot of trees that are gonna wreak havoc on the power grid.
Time to find a generator...being a master small engine mechanic for over 20 years...you'd think I'd have one..
One will show up....they're cheaper when they won't run...
Its gonna be a long weekend...

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the vortex rebound off will cause Jose to bounce away from the US, and push Irma inland...

Winds on Irma are still high, but lessening at this point from 185 to 155

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
they say 1 gallon per person per day --so roughly 8 of the standard 16.9 oz (1/2 liter) bottles per day --1 case of 24 should last a person 3 days at that rate..... I say a minimum of at least 6 days supply --that's 2 cases per person in the household

if your staying in the keys --they say to magic marker your name and SS number on your arms to help the folks ID your body (f they can find it)... that's means its nuts to stay there ...remember the 1925 hurricane ?

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
then they need to read up a bit ...those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it...EEMEMBER Andrew --a mere 25 years --the other cat 5 --bet the folks that were alive in homestead back then remember it --its the stuff nightmares are made of

Last edited:

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing off the list.... My boss drove to Jacksonville last night and picked up 12 generators... I got the last one ...
At least the beer will be cold...and the coffee hot....

Attachments

• 1504889322409.jpg
    1504889322409.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 46

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
I told my daughter to scrub the tub out rinse it good and fill it with water, she may need to drink it if they get stranded for a while.

When Hugo was coming I did the same thing, washed and filled the tub.

Possibly due to the pressure drop, the tub drained dry. Never happened before, never happened after.

My solution...I bought one of the BIG plastic Rubbermaid boxes from Walmart. Put it inside the tub to control splashes, fill it with water, put the lid on.

Do it now for every big storm. Probably holds 20-30 gallons of water or more. Might be something for y'all to think about if you can't buy bottled water but have plastic tubs.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest forecast (within the past 5 minutes) they put Irma in a category 5 when arriving to the Keys. Maybe or should say "hope things change again" by that time.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Cat 4 when its reaches Ft Meyers, Tampa, Orlando, and Kennedy Space Center, then a Cat 3 when it moves north to Cedar Key, Ocala, Astor, Daytona Beach.
A LOT of power outages are expected.
Publix and Wynn Dixie are closing Sat and will reopen on Tues, haven't heard what Walmart will do.
For those who are new to Florida hurricanes, IRMA is a BAD one that will wreck much damage.

Sidcane

Aug 14, 2017
Flagler county fl
Detector(s) used
Ace 250&400 just bought at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I filled my truck Tuesday on the way home from work...
Most stations that still had gas ...had cars lined up into the streets..
No water in the stores either....at least I always keep a few weeks of water on hand..
City water makes a poor tasting cup of coffee..

Im headed there too...hopefully same time...

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
New plot has the eye going over the west coast and right through Tampa Bay. We will know more in the morning after it makes the turn north.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got family recently taken up residency just south of Tampa. Haven't been there 4 months and they think they're gonna ride it out with practically zero supplies and it'll be no problem afterwards. They have never been in a major natural disaster, never "roughed it" - just so green with stupidity.

I asked Brother-in-law about hurricane shutters, "Your house have them"?
Brother-in-law, "No, but well be fine"
Sister, "We'll be praying."
Me, "For hurricane shutters"?

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New plot has the eye going over the west coast and right through Tampa Bay. We will know more in the morning after it makes the turn north.

I'm not liking the latest track....it goes right thru my neighborhood and over the shop I work in up in Lutz..
Who can I call to get them to move the models ....HAARP should have figured out how to move these storms by now .
Oh well.. Maybe those 2 German mini sub's will show up off Egmont Key....?
Hope you find safe harbor for your boat....

Pat

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its gonna bring a good surge on you guys be safe salvor6.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good solution.
I hope she remembered to get a manual can opener, it kinda gets a little dicey using a big knife.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Received a Phone alert at 9:00 AM from Ocala/ Marion county Emergency Services of a mandatory evacuation for all those living in mobile homes, which are held down with deadman anchors to the ground, and with the western shift of IRMA, that puts Marion county on the right side wind assault.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just for any members or lurkers that are unaware, the Northeast quadrant in reference to the direction a Hurricane is moving, has the strongest winds. The Southwest quadrant has the next strongest and the Northwest and Southeast quadrants have the least. No matter which direction a Hurricane moves, you draw a line through the center towards the direction it is moving and that is considered North in reference to the storm itself not true North or Magnetic North, then when you draw a perpendicular line through the center of the Hurricane, this gives you the wind strength quadrants. I drew an example in Paint, have included it below and hope it helps! You can click on it to increase the size.

Frank

Hurricane Movement Strength of Winds.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread