AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in the path of this sucker, get out. It looks like it is shaping up to be a monster.

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, it's a monster like hurricane Andrew BUT remember it's still 5 days away from Florida, we don't know when it will turn north, AND it is predicted to downgrade when it passes over Cuba.

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is what happened to me 200 miles from the coast from Harvey. That pecan by my pool used to be straight. I hope it misses Florida. Stay safe my friends.

tree2.jpg tree3.JPG

Attachments

• tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long day of work down here in the keys. Ive been going since friday. Moved boats all morning, and shuttered houses all afternoon. Stiil got to get a 65 footer up to palm beach and hauled out, and get some vehicles and trailered boats stashed. Ive got a land salvage camp spot that needs this storm to take away some sand and dislodge some coins. Everytime one comes this way some coins get found immediately afterwards, so im pretty excited for that. Ill wait till the last second to leave or bunker down in my bosses ocean reef mansion with atomatic back up gen. Its a real bunker and made it through andrew no problem. Ive got about 4 different plans just got to make a decision on which one to go with. I got a couple days to figure it out. Now what were you sayin about rum and coke !! I think tonight will be zaya or fluer de cana. Hmmmm. This is the decision I cant mess up. Hurricane party wooo hoooo !!

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd much rather see it go up the east coast and churn up 20 ft of sand....
than have it go up them west coast of Florida pushing a 20 ft wall of water..
Maybe it will move some of those known wrecks out of the protected waters ?
We should have a good idea of its bullseye by Friday afternoon....

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least Florida isn't hilly like Texas, the flash-flooding as in mountain states not the issue...only high winds and storm surge. Although, some Spanish eyewitness accounts of shipwreck hurricanes around Florida, described how small amounts of water becoming airborne...much as a projectile, does cause physical injury if a person gets hit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'd much rather see it go up the east coast and churn up 20 ft of sand....
than have it go up them west coast of Florida pushing a 20 ft wall of water..
Maybe it will move some of those known wrecks out of the protected waters ?
We should have a good idea of its bullseye by Friday afternoon....

Yes Urban, it's still too early to predict anything until Friday or later.

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Been a long day of work down here in the keys. Hurricane party wooo hoooo !!

Bart, I would get out of the Keys if I were you. Have your hurricane party in Orlando. The Keys are gonna be wiped out like 1925. Call me and I'll join you in Orlando.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know....you may get that call. My aunt has a house in winter haven and said its all mine if I need it. Like you said ill watch the strength and tracks on Thursday night and make a decision. Ill probably have to leave.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run my mouth for a living, seriously. I had several people I was talking to on the phone today who volunteered they were really worried about this storm. Including a few who were in California!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be safe and smart. Doubloons over your forever closed eyes doesn't help anyone!!

Running with the TN crowd those doubloons wouldnt last long would they. Lol. I dont want to die yet, I will weigh all my options on thur. And make a decision when more reliable info is available. Im a veteran of andrew and that one scared the poo poo out of me. Thanks Au and everyone else for all the concerns. Im hopeing for the best and preping for the worst.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-214.JPG you mean somthing like this. If so its gonna take a lot of rum. Hell.....I know you know (the spot)!!! im in after the storm. Lets go !! We can drag islamoradamark with us. Keep in touch. PM me sometime with your number.

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The director of the Hurricane Hunter's is a friend of mine and was a regular customer of mine when I had my mower repair shop a few years back..
I had the pleasure of meeting 4 of his pilots/scientists when Katrina was still south of Florida..
Those guys are slam nuts and risk everything to get the data that feeds the computer models ...
Don't forget to keep them in your prayers . .If they have a bad day...nobody's coming to help.
Carl Newman was kind enough to give me this Litho signed by many of the people in the program..

Attachments

• 1504690659669.jpg
    1504690659669.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 92

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"For the Florida Keys, if you were to create the worst case scenario that is what we are looking at,” said Monroe Co. Emergency Operations Center Director Martin Senterfitt:

The grim outlook prompted Senterfitt to order mandatory evacuations.

“We’re emphatically telling people you must evacuate, you can not afford to stay on an island with a Category 5 hurricane coming at you. Most of this island chain is only three to five feet above sea level. With the surges we’re expecting this is not the place to be,” said Senterfitt

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/0...-you-must-evacuate-you-cannot-afford-to-stay/

Stay safe, my friends.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2017-09-06-08-04-37.png 1935 all over again

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe down there guys, this one is going to be catastrophic. I live thru all of your adventures being up here in CT far from the 1715 fleet. I've loved pirates stories all my life & Capt. Kidd paid our town a visit back in the day. Still looking for his buried treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions