Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: Hurricane IRMA check in thread

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    Jefferson City, Tennessee
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    3932 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ropesfish View Post
    All is well here in scenic Sebastian.
    Our power and internet came back on about 4 o'clock, just after I had rewired the water pumps to work on the generator power...perfect timing as always!
    The boats are returning to their docks though the water won't be clearing up for quite a while though. A foot of rain in the swamps will take a while to work it's way out to sea. Today they opened the gates on the C54 canal and raised the water level in the marina almost 3 feet in 2 hrs. There's a lot of water out there.
    As soon as they'll let us back in the marina, we'll put the Carib back on the dock so we can be prepared to work when conditions allow (hopefully soon and often).
    Now that we have utilities restored we can start working on a couple of relief efforts for the Keys and eastern Caribbean, from Barbuda to the Dominican Republic. We've got some ideas that we hope will work out to help restore folks and their property as quickly as possible. There's a lot of work to be done.
    I've heard of or from quite a few folks after the hurricane including Dell Winders who could sure use some help right now. His van is broken, no food, no meds, no money. If someone could send him a little to his paypal account I am sure he would appreciate it.
    More news as it happens.
    Ya'll take care.
    ropefish,

Could you post or PM Dell's address? I don't have the funds right now but I have a potential Buyer for my' German WWII Era Rifle Scopes and if they sell, I could send him some funds via a USPS Money Order. I closed my PayPal Account and am closing my eBay account as well. eBay keeps dragging it on and on, apparently in hopes that I will reconsider leaving them. Well, all I can say to them is, "good luck with that!!" as I am tired of getting ripped off by both and after how I was treated when a Buyer wanted to return a scope for a refund while I was out of town. He returned the scope, I refunded his money plus the shipping and even though he said the Elevation Adjustment was skipping, there was nothing wrong with the scope and eBay never replied to any of my emails to them.

Anyways, thanks for posting about Dell and I hope he gets plenty of help!

Frank
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

ca
    Sep 2014
    Quebec
    Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Carrott
    803 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks for the feedback huntsman53! Glad to ear that our hobby friends are safe.

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    3932 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    Anyone know and know how Capt Ralph Delph and family of Key West are doing? Ralph is a good friend but I lost contact with him when he headed back to Key West some years ago after getting shot by one of his clients on a hunting trip in Montana. Ralph was a Fishing Guide in Montana during the off-season for fishing in Florida waters, then he became a Hunting and Fishing Guide when he took semi-permanent residence in Montana. After recouping from being shot, I believe he did a little bit of guiding for fishing but was leaning towards going back to Key West. That was the last I heard from him, the best Fisherman and Fishing Guide/Boat Captain & Mate I ever met. If you run into him, tell him that Frank Ferrell says hi.

Frank
    trdking likes this.
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

us
    The continuing adventures of Ropesfish -

Jun 2007
    Sebastian, Florida
    A sharp eye, a Fisher 1280X and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
    997 times
    Shipwrecks
    Dell's Paypal address is :
    dell1@gmx.com
    That, I believe would also be his email address.
    His physical mailing address is...
    Dell Winders
    1153 Shady Cove Rd E
    Haines City florida
    33845 ( I believe)

Thanks, folks. I know Dell will appreciate any help he might get. I'm not a fan of the free lunch, but I am sure that Dell would help anyone that needed help if he could.
    Dell..if you see this, post up a good story or two to give folks a little insight into what you've been doing for the last 50 or 60 or 70 years.

Last edited by ropesfish; Sep 13, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
    trdking, huntsman53 and Ditlihi like this.
    Bill Black
    Search and Salvage "C-31"
    Sebastian, FL
    ropesfish@gmail.com

Subcontractor on the 1715 Plate Fleet
    “You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.”
    Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    2329 times
    dell1@gmx.com
    Thanks, folks. I know Dell will appreciate any help he might get. I'm not a fan of the free lunch, but I am sure that Dell would help anyone that needed help if he could.
    Dell..if you see this, post up a good story or two to give folks a little insight into what you've been doing for the last 50 or 60 or 70 years.
    This of course is not allowed on T Net But I hope the moderators do not take this down. This is a little different circumstance. Mods Please leave it up?
    Any one who has a couple of bucks and a good heart send it on? I just did.
    Cheers all,

TRD
    huntsman53 and Ditlihi like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    3932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Anyone know and know how Capt Ralph Delph and family of Key West are doing? Ralph is a good friend but I lost contact with him when he headed back to Key West some years ago after getting shot by one of his clients on a hunting trip in Montana. Ralph was a Fishing Guide in Montana during the off-season for fishing in Florida waters, then he became a Hunting and Fishing Guide when he took semi-permanent residence in Montana. After recouping from being shot, I believe he did a little bit of guiding for fishing but was leaning towards going back to Key West. That was the last I heard from him, the best Fisherman and Fishing Guide/Boat Captain & Mate I ever met. If you run into him, tell him that Frank Ferrell says hi.

Frank
    Boy, do I feel stupid. After doing some searching, I found that Ralph went to the great fishing waters in Heaven on February 13, 2016. I am very sad to learn this and he is surely missed by all who knew and met him. Although he has passed on, I still wonder if his wife Caroline, their children and grandchildren are okay and especially so if they were in Irma's path.

Frank
    trdking likes this.

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    2329 times
    Boy, do I feel stupid. After doing some searching, I found that Ralph went to the great fishing waters in Heaven on February 13, 2016. I am very sad to learn this and he is surely missed by all who knew and met him. Although he has passed on, I still wonder if his wife Caroline, their children and grandchildren are okay and especially so if they were in Irma's path.

Frank
    Ah Crud We all have that to look forward to.

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!

Aug 2016
    1947 times
    dell1@gmx.com
    That, I believe would also be his email address.
    His physical mailing address is...
    Dell Winders
    1153 Shady Cove Rd E
    Haines City florida
    33845 ( I believe)

Bill, thank you for posting this, I will get some to him right away. But my concern is how will he be able to get the food and meds without a running vehicle? Is there anyone there to help him with this?
    huntsman53 and trdking like this.

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    2329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post
    Bill, thank you for posting this, I will get some to him right away. But my concern is how will he be able to get the food and meds without a running vehicle? Is there anyone there to help him with this?
    Pretty sure Money is the key issue here!
    Ditlihi and huntsman53 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    5758 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well I know I hate threading them belts by myself and usually need help getting it over the tensioner, but whaddaya expect from a girl, lol.
    I'm pretty much technologically neutered where I currently am..... (no access to secure connections), thanks for picking up the slack guys.....
    huntsman53, trdking and Ditlihi like this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    654 times
    Prospecting
    I don't see why they keep people from their homes. That's mostly the reason people don't want to leave in the first place, with everything they own in the world unsecured.
    It's not like they are inspecting each and every house before entrance for safety.
    They tried that here during the big Hayman fire but it didn't work, people just drove right on through and said arrest me haha. No one got arrested.
    I would be one to have a hard time leaving my home, I can understand that for sure.
    trdking and Wrightdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    5758 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Johnny, it is hard leaving things you worked hard and slaved for...... but, when those things turn against you and try to kill you, it's fight or flight mode and usually easier to just run like he//!
    My home has tried to kill me before, lol, just can't predict where blowed apart splintering wood will end up, or what it will pierce....
    One does the best one can, and has to resort to allow his/her brain (to eventually) ACCEPT that, and just keep moving forward.
    Life matters most.....
    Ditlihi, TRG, The Rebel and 2 others like this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    3932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    Johnny, it is hard leaving things you worked hard and slaved for...... but, when those things turn against you and try to kill you, it's fight or flight mode and usually easier to just run like he//!
    My home has tried to kill me before, lol, just can't predict where blowed apart splintering wood will end up, or what it will pierce....
    One does the best one can, and has to resort to allow his/her brain (to eventually) ACCEPT that, and just keep moving forward.
    Life matters most.....
    Pat,

Folks in areas that get hit by Hurricanes have tried just about everything thought of to keep their' homes secure an intact. I wonder if anyone ever tried wrapping their' home with the Pallet Wrap Plastic that is used to hold boxes and other items on pallets. Heck, you can purchase some big rolls of heavy gauge wrap and wrap most homes two or three or four times for probably under $200 total. Next threat of a Hurricane, happy wrapping!

Frank

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    5758 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Pat,

Folks in areas that get hit by Hurricanes have tried just about everything thought of to keep their' homes secure an intact. I wonder if anyone ever tried wrapping their' home with the Pallet Wrap Plastic that is used to hold boxes and other items on pallets. Heck, you can purchase some big rolls of heavy gauge wrap and wrap most homes two or three or four times for probably under $200 total. Next threat of a Hurricane, happy wrapping!

Frank
    Hahaha, I gotta an old shed, only thing holding it together is the rust. I had honestly thought about that idea! LOL. Wrap that sucker like a truck pallett.
    I did wrap some inside stuff and secure them in locking cases, figured maybe they'd be found if......
    I just couldn't pack everything in the house,
    but I tried to.......

us
    Surrender the Booty

Apr 2011
    Royal Palm Beach, Fl
    Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
    378 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Pat,

Frank
    Funny you should mention that, I did see a car that was wrapped in plastic, the same as used to wrap large pallets! Not sure how it did through the storm but someone resorted to giving it a try!
    huntsman53 and Wrightdigger like this.
    Hardest working man on the beach

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links