Hurricane IRMA check in thread

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know I am, and suspect many others...are concerned about members in our community in the path of IRMA.

I think it would be reasonable to have a thread where members can consolidate information, share concerns, and update others as to the status of people we know affected by this Hurricane.

Please check in, or post updates as information becomes available. It would I'm sure, be appreciated.

Ag

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgia seems to be ordering evacuations now.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone that lives near the treasure coast will be evacuating soon,ill be on the beaches before they get back to find treasure.Everyone in the path of irma be safe and good luck.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've sold over 1400 5 gallon bottles in these past 3 days, along with about a thousand cases of water....
This will be an epic paycheck... looks like I'm gonna need it.

Irma gots me all nervous....
No, closer to scared.....
Ok, terrified.

Stay safe my SOFL peeps.

liverock

May 23, 2008
I've sold over 1400 5 gallon bottles in these past 3 days, along with about a thousand cases of water....
This will be an epic paycheck... looks like I'm gonna need it.

Irma gots me all nervous....
No, closer to scared.....
Ok, terrified.

Stay safe my SOFL peeps.

Yes I hear you.....am a bit further north than you in Tampa...I would suggest everybody in the cone stow your mobile stuff that is outside....I saw what happened in Andrew.....was a mess.... and park your vehicles away from trees......if it stays on path...will be a bummer for most of Florida...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im at 41 bonefish ave. keylargo fl. 1 1/2 blocks from my house in an all poured reinforced concrete bunker. We're 15 feet above sea level, and the second floor is 25 feet above sea level. Unfortunately I expect my house to at least to take some damage from trees. I will be here with my neighbor and we are loading the bunker with supplies and we have access to a 4000 gallon cistern.we have a gen and propane. This is the highest dryist area of key largo, and best of all a large convoy of emergency vehicles are prestaged a block or 2 from us. This house is located in the safest area and is custom built to survive these storms im confident we will be fine. I will lose power and I will lose communication, so please dont be surprised if things go dark on my end for a while. I will check in as long as I can with updates. But I did give the address so we can be found if need be. Ive got to deal with another boat so ill check in later.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did here from sads669 and he was hunkering down on long island and was confident that he would be fine. Good luck kevin keep your head down and your powder dry. You too kalick gold and all the rest of our bahamian friends. Good luck guys.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well by the forecast IRMA is supposed to come directly over my house -- my town(Callahan) has sad to leave if your in zone A ... which we are ..lucky for us ---its ONLY going to be 75 MPH steady with 90 to 100 mph gust (kiss your power good by --falling trees) and 6 to 12 inches of rain by the time it gets here they say...

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He who lives after this and finds the most treasure I guess. WINS

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure this storm will add and resituate a ton of treasure.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its already blowing 15-20. Full moon high tide is about is about 1 foot above normal already. Its gonna be ugly. Just got back from ocean reef yacht club, and it aint gonna be pretty for a lot of very exspensive boats. The water is about to come over the dock already. Alright im cooled off. Back to work. Ill check back in a bit.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Its now predicted to go right over our house in tin can alley Ft Myers area. Were riding it out in Orlando. Hope to have a home to return to in a couple days.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im at 41 bonefish ave. keylargo fl. 1 1/2 blocks from my house in an all poured reinforced concrete bunker. We're 15 feet above sea level, and the second floor is 25 feet above sea level. Unfortunately I expect my house to at least to take some damage from trees. I will be here with my neighbor and we are loading the bunker with supplies and we have access to a 4000 gallon cistern.we have a gen and propane. This is the highest dryist area of key largo, and best of all a large convoy of emergency vehicles are prestaged a block or 2 from us. This house is located in the safest area and is custom built to survive these storms im confident we will be fine. I will lose power and I will lose communication, so please dont be surprised if things go dark on my end for a while. I will check in as long as I can with updates. But I did give the address so we can be found if need be. Ive got to deal with another boat so ill check in later.

Prayers be with you and yours Blak Bart. Do keep us updated as you can. You're a good mate and we want to know you're well.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Publix is closing its Ocala store, Saturday, 8:00 PM, and will not reopen until Tuesday morning.
The local gas stations that with petrol had bumper to bumper lines that extended for at least 1/2 mi.
Propane cylinders and D batteries are also in short supply along with bread and of course, bottled water.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For those who said they survived Andrew...

hurricanes.jpg

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe guys & batten down the hatches. Keep us posted! I'm sure you're all set on members numbers you can call that are out of the danger zone to post updates as to how you're all doing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Orlando riding the storm out.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope all goes well for everyone affected, post some pics if you can when able [I know I would]

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did here from sads669 and he was hunkering down on long island and was confident that he would be fine. Good luck kevin keep your head down and your powder dry. You too kalick gold and all the rest of our bahamian friends. Good luck guys.
Good to hear you are safe Kevin! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread