Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there is still a lot to be found yet, down in the sand. :coffee2:

Get yourself one of those green 14" GOLD PAN CLASSIFIERS. Turn them side ways (rim edge down) and wiggle some, they are great for when water keeps filling your holes at the beach. I cut a circular piece of galvanized rabbit cage mesh, attached it to the inside bottom of classifier pan, mesh at a different angle to the pan holes (to catch smaller than coin objects or small earrings). Pick a spot with more signals and scoop away!

Last edited:

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lead1715.jpg

Well it was a big beach...lol
Congrats !!!!! Happy for you.
Trez

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats!
It is out there, glad somebody is finding it!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I'm sorry, but I'm from the Spanish government and that gold coin belongs to me. Not only must you give the coin back to me, but you must pay for my first class airfare here to retrieve it and my stay in a four-star resort, plus room service. This is clearly set out in the treaty your government signed with Spain. If you fail to acquiesce to these reasonable demands, in addition, I shall fart in your general direction.

Last edited:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NO.....

I'm ​from the Spanish government and that gold coin belongs to ME. Not only must you give the coin back to me, but you must pay for my first class airfare here to retrieve it and my stay in a FIVE-star resort, plus room service.... and "ASS ISTANTS" This is clearly set out in the treaty your government signed with Spain. If you fail to acquiesce to these reasonable demands, I will be forced to seek remediation thru "diplomatic channels" and the former Secretary of State.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the positive feedback and private messages, guys! It was truly a once in a lifetime experience! I'm headed back to Atlanta this afternoon, I checked the beaches every single day since the storm but never found anything else. I guess its true, right place right time! Best of luck to all you guys!

All joking aside, you should make sure you conserve your' finds in the proper manner. http://www.cawreckdivers.org/preservation.htm

First and foremost is to get the encrustations in fresh water, making sure to change the water every few days or more often to leach out the salt. If not done properly ferrous type metals can and will deteriorate from the inside out and will likely be destroyed.

Good luck!

Frank

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I guess it was Roadking I ran across the other day at Hiram's when they re-opened the Sandbar after the hurricane.
<<Hey, Paul...nice to see you went ahead and registered on the forum instead of continuing to lurk.
Nice coins, but seriously...the guy with the freshest coins really does have to buy the rum. ALL the rum for all the people that can identify your finds as Spanish coins. It's a Sebastian tradition, so come back down here, buddy....your bar tab awaits.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted as fake find. Member on long vacation for posting a find that was not his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread