AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dive charternear Vero Beach FL?

So, the girl friend and I are headed to Vero Beach area for a vacation with her kids in a few weeks. Kinda late in the game, but I just found out she loves diving, and is certified. As a boy scout, I took the class, and we had the option to pay and do the divers, but it wasn't a financial option for me.

Anyways, point being I'm wondering if there is anyone on here, or if any ones knows of someone who we could charter to dive and detect somewhere (I have detectors, but none of mine are submersible). I've got "Treasure Coast Dive Charters" info pulled up and am going to call them, but figured I'd rather give my money to someone on here if their interested.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure that the folks that know the rules, prohibitions and any possibilities of metal detecting while diving will chime in soon. Much of the Treasure Coast water-wise is under Lease/Salvage Permits by quite a few different Treasure Salvor Companies and no metal detecting is allowed while diving unless you are diving for them. Even diving in some areas is off-limits as well.

Frank

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Diving with metal detectors on the Treasure Coast is illegal unless you are or are working for/with a subcontractor with 1715 Fleet-Queen's Jewels.
If you want to do a dive charter, Steve0 Maldonado with Treasure Coast Charters is a good guy and runs a dependable 26' center console catamaran. He does mostly spearfishing charters but will do sightseeing dive trips out of either Sebastian or Fort Pierce. If you have a hankering to swim with the bull sharks, he can find em.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What Captain Bill said above is correct. You can't dive with metal detectors.

Nice clear water if you don't mind driving to Riviera Beach (about an hour south of Vero). There are several boats that will take you out to the edge of the Gulf Stream where the water is warm and clear. Drift diving wrecks at 90 feet. Lots of marine life to photograph. Lots of fish too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread