Cannon Question

Sep 3, 2007
Don,
I couldn't agree with you more.
that is why i said that I wanted to 'share' the wreck with all. Everyone needs to look at their moral compass. Especially those who have made their mark and made their money and are so philanthropic in their old age as to feel very comfortable on their pedestals preaching down on everyone else...telling others to give...give... give...
I am asking the value of the cannon to know what amount of compensation I might receive from the state. This is a delicate situation. I am not going to just go to the state and say...'look what I found', just to be given a slap on the back and a 'atta boy'...with a boot up my arse for all my troubles.
OH...and I have seen how those fine law- making respectable uppitys treat the average Joe. No, I don't trust them. 'They' have their own agendas.

this find will in its' entirety go to the public.....but not without me wrenching an arm and hearing, "UNCLE".

thepirate

Dec 20, 2006
Uk
Detector(s) used
Whatever some nice pirate will loan me!!
Have you tried to find what may be associated with the cannon? There may be a lot more than a few hundred bucks in salvage fees? But by the tone of the thread please get someone to help who knows what they're doing!!
Mike

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
The value is heavily dependent on the historic context, which you appear to know. How much is a baseball worth? Maybe $10, unless its the one that Mark McGuire hit for his record, or the one that Barry Bonds hit to break Hank Aaron's home run record. You should contact the state and open a discussion with them about the possibility of coming to some arrangement, if they have any rights. If it is a Spanish ship, you might consider contacting its legal current owner.

PM me to see if I can help.

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread