Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John make sure you get T-shirts with a pocket!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
aquanut... I met a gentleman, Mark at the Flea Market in Kodak, Tennessee yesterday and he said that he use to deal with Mel Fisher when he had a Coin Shop in Miami and said that he knew Mel and Deo for a long, long time. He gave me three brand new VHS tapes of Mel Fisher's "Quest for Gold" and they are still sealed in plastic. He stated that he may still have a case of these VHS tapes and if so, I plan to purchase them and would like to send them to you to give away at the Treasure Hunters Cookout. Hopefully I will know whether he has more within the next week. Can you PM me the address of where to send them?

Thanks...Frank

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew there was a reason

aquanut... I met a gentleman, Mark at the Flea Market in Kodak, Tennessee yesterday and he said that he use to deal with Mel Fisher when he had a Coin Shop in Miami and said that he knew Mel and Deo for a long, long time. He gave me three brand new VHS tapes of Mel Fisher's "Quest for Gold" and they are still sealed in plastic. He stated that he may still have a case of these VHS tapes and if so, I plan to purchase them and would like to send them to you to give away at the Treasure Hunters Cookout. Hopefully I will know whether he has more within the next week. Can you PM me the address of where to send them?

Thanks...Frank

I kept my old VCR.

Oh boy again.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hum anyone interested in a possible 1641 treasure fleet patache wreck -- (whos survivors were reported as found by another paiache from cuba) 5 leagues offshore (13 to 15 miles --at 2.6 per 13 miles or at 3 its 15 miles) thus well past the US 12 mile territory limit ? -- if there is a reef offshore at around the 30 degree area --say 13 to 15 miles out --the patache might have piled up on it --which could explain why they survived to be found

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
hum anyone interested in a possible 1641 treasure fleet patache wreck -- (whos survivors were reported as found by another paiache from cuba) 5 leagues offshore (13 to 15 miles --at 2.6 per 13 miles or at 3 its 15 miles) thus well past the US 12 mile territory limit ? -- if there is a reef offshore at around the 30 degree area --say 13 to 15 miles out --the patache might have piled up on it --which could explain why they survived to be found

Off Amelia island by chance?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nope 30 degrees is off the guana river park area --ponte vedra zone check out the 13 to 15 mile offshore zone for reefs and sand spit type islands / shallow water areas

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
nope 30 degrees is off the guana river park area --ponte vedra zone check out the 13 to 15 mile offshore zone for reefs and sand spit type islands / shallow water areas

I don't see any reefs or shallow water that far offshore - the water in that range is all 50 - 70 feet deep. I'm looking at NOAA Chart #11488.

Are you coming to the picnic Ivan? Hope to see you.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

Due to all of the thousands of storms, the effects from changing currents...especially the Gulfstream currents, the dozens upon dozens of Hurricanes and Tropical Storms, changes in the coastline and due to sea bed shifting due to Earthquakes, Tremors and currents, it is likely that what was there 377 years ago is no longer there or even visibly noticeable. There is a ridge-like item on Google Earth at 105.56 degrees and 33.65 miles off Ponte Vedra Beach. There is also what appears to be a 600+ foot long ship at 116.42 degrees and 4.05 miles off Ponte Vedra Beach on Google Earth that doesn't show on Google Maps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Look for the Banner!

Attachments

• Banner web.jpg
    Banner web.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John and I will be there Lynn. We will take you out to Capt. Hiram's. My treat.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well, we've gotten nearly 6,000 hits! Only 78 comments??? Where is everybody???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread