Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boatlode
  • 1 Post By enrada

Thread: Open house Sunday 12-5 at Mel Fishers Treasure Museum in Sebastian.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,294
    1214 times
    Shipwrecks

    Open house this Sunday 12 to 5 at Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum in Sebastian.

    I just got the e-mail flyer. Surprised Nicole hasn't posted a message here yet.

    Hope to see some of you there.

    Mike
    Last edited by Boatlode; Dec 06, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
    ropesfish likes this.
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  2. #2

    May 2014
    145
    128 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I gave some very interesting information to a Detective a few months ago regarding the stolen gold bar, including a name but have heard nothing. I assume Nicole works at the museum and if you have any info I would like to hear from you. I initially tried calling the museum but kept getting the run around so I gave up and called the Detective instead.

  3. #3

    Jul 2014
    127
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by enrada View Post
    I gave some very interesting information to a Detective a few months ago regarding the stolen gold bar, including a name but have heard nothing. I assume Nicole works at the museum and if you have any info I would like to hear from you. I initially tried calling the museum but kept getting the run around so I gave up and called the Detective instead.
    Nicole runs the Sebastian Mel Fisher museum.

    I think a gold bar was stolen from the Key West Mel Fisher Museum. I think her brother runs it.

  4. #4
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,294
    1214 times
    Shipwrecks
    I didn't hear anything about a robbery, but I will ask Nicole about it Sunday.
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  5. #5

    May 2014
    145
    128 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It was from Key West a few years ago. Check out the video on youtube "gold bar stolen"! I showed the video to a guy and he said I recognize that guy. He used to rent a cabin from me and gave me a bunch of other details that fit the scenario. It is very interesting what the guy was doing less than a year after the theft in 2010. Also my friend said they happen to discuss the gold bar before it was stolen!
    Last edited by enrada; Dec 08, 2017 at 01:41 PM.

  6. #6
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,294
    1214 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by enrada View Post
    It was from Key West a few years ago. Check out the video on youtube "gold bar stolen"! I showed the video to a guy and he said I recognize that guy. He used to rent a cabin from me and gave me a bunch of other details that fit the scenario. It is very interesting what the guy was doing less than a year after the theft in 2010. Also my friend said they happen to discuss the gold bar before it was stolen!
    Oh, ok. That's why I never heard anything about it. The museum in Sebastian has a gold bar inside a plexiglass box rigged so you can reach in and pick it up but can't remove it.
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    The continuing adventures of Ropesfish -

    Jun 2007
    Sebastian, Florida
    A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
    932
    1303 times
    Shipwrecks
    Ernie- I just sent Taffi and Nichole a message about this. Thanks for posting, amigo.
    Bill Black
    Search and Salvage "C-31"
    Sebastian, FL
    ropesfish@gmail.com

    Subcontractor on the 1715 Plate Fleet
    You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.
    Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    is
    Restorer

    Oct 2009
    At Home
    2,732
    9345 times
    Shipwrecks, Pool Billard (since 37 years), LR Shooting, Crossbow Shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by enrada View Post
    It was from Key West a few years ago. Check out the video on youtube "gold bar stolen"! I showed the video to a guy and he said I recognize that guy. He used to rent a cabin from me and gave me a bunch of other details that fit the scenario. It is very interesting what the guy was doing less than a year after the theft in 2010. Also my friend said they happen to discuss the gold bar before it was stolen!
    I saw this video too time ago and just wondering how someone can build a box were the bar can be taken out.... Must be a real genius.... or the thief was the son of Houdini !

    I tell ya, with an 80 pound Atocha silver bar, this B/S wouldnt happen

    But the real crime here is to put a unic antique gold piece in a box were thousands of people touch it! Do you know how shiny the touched surface will look after some time?! This effect is well known from heavy circulated ancient gold coins were all features are gone.
    Also this handling of the large gold chains wich is to see in some documentations is horrible. This suggests me that they dont care about the artefacts but only the money wich this stuff is worth...

    A very good replica with a lead core would have done the same effect for all this "fumblers" and the Fishers would have one 100.000 $ bar more to sell, wich was not raped by thousands of people.
    Last edited by Tom_Restorer; Dec 19, 2017 at 11:03 PM.

  9. #9

    May 2014
    145
    128 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just by looking at the pictures it appears to be about 22 1/2 Karat gold bar, thus this bar would be fairly soft and bendable with a little bit of mechanical advantage. They should have had small metal detectors at each end of the bar and when either end doesn't detect metal it automatically locks the front door of the museum. Anyway I believe I know the name and location of the person that stole the bar. Pretty sure the bar would have been melted down by now.
    Tom_Restorer likes this.

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    is
    Restorer

    Oct 2009
    At Home
    2,732
    9345 times
    Shipwrecks, Pool Billard (since 37 years), LR Shooting, Crossbow Shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by enrada View Post
    Just by looking at the pictures it appears to be about 22 1/2 Karat gold bar, thus this bar would be fairly soft and bendable with a little bit of mechanical advantage. They should have had small metal detectors at each end of the bar and when either end doesn't detect metal it automatically locks the front door of the museum. Anyway I believe I know the name and location of the person that stole the bar. Pretty sure the bar would have been melted down by now.
    I think you are right. It is not to sell on the market so we can be sure they molten it down, just to sell the gold. A shame!

 

 

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2016, 01:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
  3. "Night at the Museum" @ Mel Fishers Treasure Museum-Sebastian
    By Niqufiab in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
  4. Are you free this sunday? ID event at UM museum
    By goldencoin in forum Michigan
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 07, 2010, 08:08 PM
  5. Easter Sunday view from the Philadelphia Art Museum
    By Neil in West Jersey in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2009, 10:34 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0