Open house Sunday 12-5 at Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum in Sebastian.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave some very interesting information to a Detective a few months ago regarding the stolen gold bar, including a name but have heard nothing. I assume Nicole works at the museum and if you have any info I would like to hear from you. I initially tried calling the museum but kept getting the run around so I gave up and called the Detective instead.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave some very interesting information to a Detective a few months ago regarding the stolen gold bar, including a name but have heard nothing. I assume Nicole works at the museum and if you have any info I would like to hear from you. I initially tried calling the museum but kept getting the run around so I gave up and called the Detective instead.

Nicole runs the Sebastian Mel Fisher museum.

I think a gold bar was stolen from the Key West Mel Fisher Museum. I think her brother runs it.

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't hear anything about a robbery, but I will ask Nicole about it Sunday.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was from Key West a few years ago. Check out the video on youtube "gold bar stolen"! I showed the video to a guy and he said I recognize that guy. He used to rent a cabin from me and gave me a bunch of other details that fit the scenario. It is very interesting what the guy was doing less than a year after the theft in 2010. Also my friend said they happen to discuss the gold bar before it was stolen!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was from Key West a few years ago. Check out the video on youtube "gold bar stolen"! I showed the video to a guy and he said I recognize that guy. He used to rent a cabin from me and gave me a bunch of other details that fit the scenario. It is very interesting what the guy was doing less than a year after the theft in 2010. Also my friend said they happen to discuss the gold bar before it was stolen!

Oh, ok. That's why I never heard anything about it. The museum in Sebastian has a gold bar inside a plexiglass box rigged so you can reach in and pick it up but can't remove it.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ernie- I just sent Taffi and Nichole a message about this. Thanks for posting, amigo.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

I saw this video too time ago and just wondering how someone can build a box were the bar can be taken out.... Must be a real genius....:icon_thumleft: :BangHead: or the thief was the son of Houdini !

I tell ya, with an 80 pound Atocha silver bar, this B/S wouldn´t happen :laughing7:

But the real crime here is to put a unic antique gold piece in a box were thousands of people touch it! Do you know how shiny the touched surface will look after some time?! This effect is well known from heavy circulated ancient gold coins were all features are gone.
Also this handling of the large gold chains wich is to see in some documentations is horrible. This suggests me that they don´t care about the artefacts but only the money wich this stuff is worth...

A very good replica with a lead core would have done the same effect for all this "fumblers" and the Fishers would have one 100.000 $ bar more to sell, wich was not raped by thousands of people.

Last edited:

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just by looking at the pictures it appears to be about 22 1/2 Karat gold bar, thus this bar would be fairly soft and bendable with a little bit of mechanical advantage. They should have had small metal detectors at each end of the bar and when either end doesn't detect metal it automatically locks the front door of the museum. Anyway I believe I know the name and location of the person that stole the bar. Pretty sure the bar would have been melted down by now.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Just by looking at the pictures it appears to be about 22 1/2 Karat gold bar, thus this bar would be fairly soft and bendable with a little bit of mechanical advantage. They should have had small metal detectors at each end of the bar and when either end doesn't detect metal it automatically locks the front door of the museum. Anyway I believe I know the name and location of the person that stole the bar. Pretty sure the bar would have been melted down by now.

I think you are right. It is not to sell on the market so we can be sure they molten it down, just to sell the gold. A shame!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread