10 Diameter Bronze Prop - how heavy?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: 10' Diameter Bronze Prop - how heavy?

WOW! That is some good fuel economy for a big boat! What motors do you have? I take it that 12 knots is the best fuel economy to speed point. What will it do WOT?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i have twin DAF DS-575 turbo diesels each 185hp.WOT is 18 knots.as soon as i get all the marina salvage equipment off the ship ill run it out in the open an see if it does the 18 knots the factory says it will go.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pcolaboy,

clean bronze is going for $1.30 a pound at my scrap yard.if you are going to bring that prop up,call around to the scrap yards to see whos paying the most.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Fisheye,

If barnacles won't attach to anything moving, then why do whales get barnacle infestations?

Not being a smartass, just want to know (because I don't).

Best-Mike

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gollum,

When i said moving i meant vibrating.When the resonators are activated by the control unit, two very interesting results occur: First, the vibration or resonance appears to the barnacle like an unwanted marine preditor, thereby sending a red-banner warning. Second, this resonance creates a micro-thin layer of rapidly-moving water which acts to blanket the hull and running gear, hence making it difficult for fouling organisms and algae to attach.

Attachments

• sonic-tech.jpg
    sonic-tech.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 250
  • sonic-tech_cutaw.jpg
    sonic-tech_cutaw.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 250

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Fisheye
Are you worried about the vibrations cracking the welds in your aluminum? I only have experience with aluminum blowers, but my understanding is the vibrations are what cause the welds to crack.
Seahunter

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seahunter,

I dont think the vibration from these tiny 12 volt motors im going to use will affect any welds.considering that both my diesel motors vibrate alot more.an have been doing so with no damage to the hull since 1968.the hull was built in holland by Striker yachts.out of 60 yachts made of my model.to this day all 60 are still in operation and still floating.cant beat a track record like that.Striker is still in biz too.building larger yachts then mine.plus pilot boats and work boats.check out thier website.

http://www.strikeryachts.net/

Attachments

• Red_Blue_Striker_Logo_Final-600x192.jpg
    Red_Blue_Striker_Logo_Final-600x192.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 237

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread