Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulaski shoals ??? Ive fished that wreck. Silver dollars ??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see now. Not what I was thinking of but very cool and congratulations !! Good luck Screenshot_2017-12-23-09-17-26.png

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad to see mention of this project on T'net!!

I was contracted to do the initial video/survey dives last spring..yeah..thats me... ain't life fun??

Am the dive supervisor for the ongoing recovery work progressing at this time. There's alot more going on, and we on the team are STOKED!!

Kudo's to Both Endurance and Bluewater...it's a tough site, and they're doing a great job in difficult conditions.

Ag

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see mention of this project on T'net!!

I was contracted to do the initial video/survey dives last spring..yeah..thats me... ain't life fun??

Am the dive supervisor for the ongoing recovery work progressing at this time. There's alot more going on, and we on the team are STOKED!!

Kudo's to Both Endurance and Bluewater...it's a tough site, and they're doing a great job in difficult conditions.

Ag

what have you found so far? also whats expected to be on that wreck?

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry to have to say..but I cannot nor will I discuss.... specifics due to proprietary information concerns as well as NDA's etc etc etc.

Feel free to follow the project if you'd like. Both Endurance Exploration as well as Bluewater Ventures Intl have facebook pages with current and up to date information posted as the project evolves.

ag

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
endurance updated their fb page with pictures of coins and possible valuations...
nothing from bluewater,they are silent

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$150k in banknotes and coin, $10k in watches and jewelry weren't recovered/saved from sinking per this article
its my contention/hopes that recovered from wreck coins are worth more than hand me downs especially from collectors

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

What might “Pulaski Era – pre sinking 1838” American coins be worth?

Check out the Price Guides from Numismatic Guarantee Corp (NGC)

Silver Half Dollars:...
https://www.ngccoin.com/price…/united-states/half-dollars/…/

Silver Dollars:
https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/dollars/…/

Gold
https://www.ngccoin.com/…/united-st…/gold-quarter-eagles/55/

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If I recall the reports of the sinking of the Pulaski (and I do) she was said to have broken into "several pieces" and that her boilers and propulsion gear fell free of the wreckage shortly after the explosion. "She was broken in several pieces, the forward parts having drifted a mile from her stern"
Here is the link address to the Library of Congress copy of the news story from 07/03/1838.
The Pulaski had recently lost a race with another steamboat in May...a 47 hr trip from Charlestown to Baltimore to lose to the "Georgia" who made the trip in 46 hrs. It does make you wonder if the boilers had sustained damage in that earlier race. https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84026897/1838-05-31/ed-1/seq-3/

View attachment seq-2.pdf

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's true,the really could have abused them enough to compromise them,so that when in normal use they blew!

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for sharing, Buccaneer. It would be helpful to keep all posts in the thread you started already so we don't have to jump around. I wish all the best for Blue Water Ventures and Endurance Exploration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions