Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: identify please, from tree shipwrecks in Bahamas.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

identify please, from tree shipwrecks in Bahamas.

any ideas? found on corel reef and near ballast pile. Yes I know about the moratorium of salvaging in the Bahamas.. These sites are many miles off shore in shallow water. Many cannons..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1445.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	1536581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1446.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	1536582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	1536583  

May 2014
    87 times
    First picture, left side- copper sheathed hull?
    Cannons, bronze- probably never salvaged
    iron- maybe salvaged in contemporary times

Good luck

Aug 2016
    154 times
    cool stuff u need to go back

us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times
    Need a 40' boat at least. Wont get caught out there in the weather with anything smaller. Have three different places to go. I think that at some of the canon are bronze. One cannon is secreted in solid coral sitting on top of a reef.

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1264 times
    Shipwrecks
    Jonz do you know Kevin (SADDS669 on treasurenet)? He lives on Long Island in the Bahamas. You need to meet us at the Treasure Hunters Cookout this year. We might be able to help you out.
    old man likes this.

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    1696 times
    SF Indiana, sads669, is one of the most trust worthy people that I know. If anyone can help you? I'd trust him the most. Send him a PM.
    MPH200 likes this.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    2823 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    SF Indiana, sads669, is one of the most trust worthy people that I know. If anyone can help you? I'd trust him the most. Send him a PM.
    sadds very trust worthy ... copper covered wood hull / many cannon likely to be a wooden hulled sailing warship of about rev war to civil war era ===say 1770 to 1860 --once civil war came about metal hulls / steam power took over
    Last edited by ivan salis; Jan 14, 2018 at 01:26 PM.

us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times
    Ed (OLD MAN) I'm living in Port St Lucie Florida now...
    You and I were Special Forces officers, I trust you explicitly in your judgement. As I have mentioned before, you are in my group whether it is here in the states or elsewhere.

SADDS669 and Salvor6, I will PM you my private email.. 669 I replied to your private message.

Ivan- the cannons that I saw at one site were about 10' long guestimating underwater.... the breach end was about 24" in diameter and the killing end was about 10" or so. Two other cannon were on top of each other formig an "X" encrusted together. Tried moving one end and couldn't budge it.

There appeared to be what I think is a signaling cannon as well on the reef about 24" long by 2" in diameter encrusted. Keep in mind these are only guesses as I didn't stick around as two yellow tips were close by.

Indy
    old man likes this.

us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times

cook-out

When and where is cook-out?
    Im done posting on here. PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by Indiana_Jonz; Jan 14, 2018 at 02:33 PM.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    131 times
    Shipwrecks
    Indiana Jonz, this is Steve. I have a 45' trawler, and do go to the Bahamas often for sometimes months at a time. I have been going to the Bahamas for 50 years or so and have worked shipwrecks there in the past and others here in Florida. PM me and let me know if I can help. Have all kinds of UW detectors and dive equipment. Steve.
    Last edited by stevemc; Jan 14, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    131 times
    Shipwrecks
    And if you look at the top of the Shipwrecks forum, you will see treasure hunters picnic thread. April 28th in Sebastian at the Pennwood Inn. Check it out, good time.

us
    Apr 2004
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
    1135 times
    Shipwrecks
    I've had experience with the OP. If anyone is interested in the quality of my experience, feel free to PM me.
    seekerGH likes this.

Jan 2018
    Indy
    I heard through the grape vine that Salvor6 and SteveMC arent going to fund your project as you and they couldn't see eye to eye. PM me, I have the funds to do the projects....I know the circumstances behind not getting the funding from above and I believe you have the missing pieces I have been seeking for many years and I know the waters there like the back of my hand. I have a boat with 2 -300 Hp outboards ready to go, can be there from my location here in the keys in a few hours. I know who you are and you are a trustworthy person per a few on the wreck forum friends I have here. I also heard you have other areas by way of a friend with maps and I know who he is...whatever you need to bring this together...I AM IN.

us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times
    Bones
    I'm not going to put much faith in any one individual that says they have the means to provide assistance for the operation until I check them out including you. I don't know you and with my last go around, I tried to offer even more goodies to add to the pot if funds were available to fly my dive buddy here to Florida with his maps of the search areas to have a meeting of the minds but that wasn't acceptable by the previous interested individuals. Huge mistake in my opinion. If you have the funds to do what is necessary over there, the equipment to do the job and submit to a back ground check by my SF intel group we will meet at a location and time of my choosing. If I get any feeling that you are not honest and forthcoming, you will still be missing the potential pieces you have been looking for for so long, (if I do in fact have what you need) I will PM you with my requirements to see if you in fact are real and serious. I am doing do diligence on my part so don't misconstrue this message as negative or provoking as it is not intended to be interpreted that way. If you are not real, I will keep looking for someone who is.

us
    Jun 2004
    Fl.
    19 times
    Back to the drawing board..My last offer to fund an operation from Bones was not successful. We aren't giving up 75% to their outfit, even though I have worked with them before (changed their username) which threw me off ....that percentage is not acceptable to us. Anyone else interested in the Bahama project?
    Last edited by Indiana_Jonz; Jan 22, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links