DR Heating Up

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bobby, thanks for the correction. Not sure what do you mean when you say that "the NAVY found the ship". I presume you refer to the San Jose, which was found by an Canadian-American consortium. The original work was conducted from a Colombian oceanographic vessel named Mal Pelo, that was charted by the consortium. Allegedly, Woodshole provided the technology. The NAVY did not find the shipwreck, even though they can take credits for being part of the project. President Santos bragged a little about the role of his government and its institutions, but I think that is normal and valid since he worked so hard to make this law, and the subsequent discovery of the SJ, a reality. Also, Colombia is not a signatory to the UNESCO 2001 Convention, and for what I'm hearing in the underwater archaeology community, after almost 20 years the Convention is starting to loose some of its appeal and a few countries are reconsidering the ratification of the treaty. We will see... And this is why is so important that Colombia succeds in its endeavors.

MAI
Its just what I heard,I have no facts to add to this. Maybe you could look into more,I will also see what I can find, I am not interested in Columbia as far as GME is concerned, we have no intentions of going there so I really do not focus on stuff we are not involved in.But Columbia would be a great place for any company that could work there legally.If they had a iron tight contract with congress ratification.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread