Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure am tempted .What ya think ?

I know its only a "copy" but its probably as close to the 'real thing' as I'll ever get. :)

Melfisher museum store $79.99
ST8087_1_2048x.jpg

(Original link removed for rule violation, non supporting vendor)

Last edited by a moderator:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit Florida's East Cost beaches and who knows what might come up. Just stay out of the Sand Dunes and water and you will be okay as long as metal detecting is permitted on the beaches you hunt. If a private beach, then you will need to get permission.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You could buy one of those or you could take your chances with a few dollars more and invest with some <nameless> subcontractor on the 1715 Fleet and roll the dice for a lot of those and the chance to dive for a few days as part of the crew...the downside is you might just end up with great memories and shipwreck artifacts instead. It is hard to wear an olive jar neck or a bronze spike as jewelry.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill, are you saying that for a few more dollars than $79 I can invest with a subcontractor on the 1715 fleet and get a coin? Let me know which one.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill, are you saying that for a few more dollars than $79 I can invest with a subcontractor on the 1715 fleet and get a coin? Let me know which one.
Might I suggest first of all that you might want to do some work on your reading comprehension?
Reading Comprehension Strategies for English Language Learners - ASCD Express 5.11

Granted, it might take a little more than $79 but if someone were interested in investing a little money in a 1715 salvage I might know a guy that puts forth a decent effort.
"the downside is you might just end up with great memories and shipwreck artifacts instead. It is hard to wear an olive jar neck or a bronze spike as jewelry."
No one with a good two-handed grip on reality will guarantee anything other than the principals and crew making an honest effort, doing a lot of hard work and a returning a fair share.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just go on ebay an buy a Spanish shipwreck coin..look at the Sao Jose prices..easy to find one for $100

Last edited:
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just go on ebay an buy a Spanish shipwreck coin..look at the Soa Jose prices..easy to find one for $100

Thanks.I don't know if there is a difference who/where I buy a "copy"(ST-8087) from.But I think I'd feel better buying direct from Mel Fishers Treasures LLC in Key West.If nothing else, just giving my $$$ for all he's done.

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some folks may find this of some use:
Here's a link to Daniel Frank Sedwick's excellent site where one can familiarize themselves with the locations of many historic shipwrecks as well as a wealth of information on the history, provenance and retail/auction value of the coins recovered.
Virtual Shipwreck and Hoard Map by Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You could buy one of those or you could take your chances with a few dollars more and invest with some <nameless> subcontractor on the 1715 Fleet and roll the dice for a lot of those and the chance to dive for a few days as part of the crew...the downside is you might just end up with great memories and shipwreck artifacts instead. It is hard to wear an olive jar neck or a bronze spike as jewelry.

I'm hoping to dive with some "nameless subcontractor" this summer LOL.

Thanks.I don't know if there is a difference who/where I buy a "copy"(ST-8087) from.But I think I'd feel better buying direct from Mel Fishers Treasures LLC in Key West.If nothing else, just giving my $$$ for all he's done.
The replica coins the Fisher Museum sells are made with silver from the Atocha, so they are still authentic.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
made from bar stock silver from the atocha wreck ...melted and poured into molds made from real shipwreck coins ...basically a "modern remake" using real shipwreck silver ... the big difference ? --their marked to insure folks do not pass the "modern remakes" off as original coins which of course are worth much more money

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still a cast...why not a real coin? its a pendant afterall...

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still a cast...why not a real coin? its a pendant afterall...

A 'real' coin from the Atocha ? Got a few grand you wanna loan ?

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a real spanish coin for a pendant...such as one far less expensive from the Sao Jose or others

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread