Ponte Vedra Beach shipwreck destroys FBAR's "embedded" argument

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well take note that the wreckage is quite clean of any type pf sea life growth upon it ...this screams that it was once a "sand covered" wreck ...which would prevent sea life from attaching its self and keep wood boring sea worms from eating it up ..once the storms uncovered enough sand the wreck became boyant enough to float and was carried along by the tides and winds winding up where it is ...my wag is a early 1820 ish sailing cargo trade ship

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Oh and as far as where it came from... heh

That could have dislodged and bumped along bottom for a day... a week... a month... a year OR floated in from anywhere.... sheesh even cuba for all ya know.

Just because something washes ashore ... does not mean it originated anywhere near there...

We are talking about WOOD... not metals.

The idea that it came from anywhere near the spot it beached is novice in thinking.

I can tell you this much without ANY thought about it at all... It came from the south.

So IF you wanna gonna looking for the "rest" of it...

Start there and work south.

I agree that it came from the south, but it's highly unlikely it floated in from Cuba or had been uncovered for very long. There appears to be little to no growth on it.

And while possible, I doubt that it "bumped along the bottom" any appreciable distance.

Id bet whatever (if anything) is left of the wreck it's within a few miles south and a mile or two at most offshore, likely closer. If it was too far offshore the current would take it up and out.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates on what’s happened to this wreckage?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread