cannon below daytona update ??

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i read that post,its a BS story,cannons dont stand up on end in the sand in the ocean,there is no practice bombing range south of daytona,south of sebastian inlet maybe,dummy bombs have been found there.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
no not bull,,,,,take hurricane force winds, blowing a galleon ahead of it, it finally runs aground,, is blown over by this hurricane, then almost immediatly covered over with many feet of sand washed in from this hurricane,,,,,,,,,many years later another storm washes the sand away........not so hard to imagine and i have never searched for anything in the water,,,,,i have seen the devastation, and the sand movements from many of these storms, and i can see it happening as such............and there are many miles of coast below daytona,, and some of this WAS used for bombing practice......i did not post this info because i am a storyteller with nothing better to do......i posted it thinking that someone would have enough sense to check it out,, also thinking that this someone, being a treasure hunter, would try thinking outside the box.......every boat or ship that sinks does not just glide to the bottom and sit there waiting on a salvor,,, especially one that has been sunk in a hurricane..........just my 22 cents worth,,,,,,,,,gldhntr.........

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i knew there was someone out there that thought about things before they decide to post that i'm a bulls#$^@r...............you are the one that will make recoveries where the poster above \has been or better yet, not even went.................have a great day .......gldhntr

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelius is right about a ship laying on its side sinking in deep water getting sanded over,but the waters around the cape where your friend saw the cannons is all in shallow water.a shipwreck there in a big storm would have got all busted up and the lighter stuff washed ashore.i have seen timbers with bronze spikes in them buried and sticking out of the dunes an all over the beach there.the bottom and shoreline there changes every day even more with all the storms we have had in the past 2 years.i doupt that the cannons are still sticking up the way you said they were.the hard pan around the cape an south of daytona is 50 or more feet down in the sand.heavy objects like cannon an anchors will be down on the hard pan.the water is never clear an theres sharks everywhere..besides the whole cape area is federal property,you cant dive there,you cant md there,even if you found something in the water you cant bring it up,all you can do there is fish an beach comban lay out in the nude,yes its a nude beach!the camp/old fort from rebaults fleet at the cape is protected by the state and the feds,you cant even walk up in the dunes to go see it without the rangers or worse,nasa MP's or choppers hunting you down,they have cameras and ground sensors all over that place.much less get a boat in there,theres a 3 mile buffer zone offshore,patrol boats will pay you a visit,arrest you take your boat away.im pretty much through with chaseing down stories of cannons,wrecks and rumors an old wives tales around here in florida,its a waste of time.the only solid proof is my own research which i have found wrecks on the east coast and west and also in another country.

Dec 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like global marine proved that you should possibly research more, and not be so quick to call "bullship". Ships found in shallow water south of Daytona, near the Cape, in debris field from years of missle testing..Several cannon and much more found. Sounds pretty close to me to gldhntr's original story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread