i found a Shipwreck

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

i'am looking for a specific Shipwrecks for sometime, now i think i found it, i managed to get some artifacts from the botton sea using a powerfull magnet that are from the same period and style fo the ship i'am looking.... now i have a problem i think the ship in buried deep into sand (15m of water, maybe 2 or 3 m of sand), how can i with litle resources bring things up ?

tks.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times due to your money situation you may have to share .You may also find a investigator. Maybe Marty Lagina might be able to help (Just Kidding on Marty) Good luck in your hunt and PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!! People are lost every year to underwater accidents!

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
The best "how-to-do-it" book I know of is

41ZMSAZ43GL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Salvaging Spanish Sunken Treasure
by Robert "Frogfoot" Weller (1999).There's Potter's Treasure Diver's Guide (of course), and Robert Marx also wrote a good one but I think Weller is the best guide for a beginner.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Friend, If you've found artifacts from a shipwreck you will find a way to investigate further. ONE interesting artifact could probably be sold for a scuba rig. I bought an entire rig here in the U.S. for about $200. a used gas powered pump for moving sand would probably be about the same.

Good news is only 15m of water.

Good luck.

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BJC: if you found this wreck in Portugal be careful because guys like Alexandre will be looking over your shoulder for sure.

Good luck,

Whydahdiver

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In 15 meters of water with 2-3 meters of overburden there is no cheap way.
Do you have access to a boat? If so, what size ?

OP
OP
B

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your reply. It's not in Portugal... I know Alexandre's work it's very good, but in Portugal i would not search for any ship when there is evidence already found by some researchers of something much more important, ATLANTIS..... there is a book of a private researcher about that with photos of structures in water some kms of "arrabida".

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at 0:19 into video. >>

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Look at 0:19 into video. >>

RTR...interesting!!! Lemme know if ya need "current" footage of the Rose lol. I'll be back on board sometime later this week!!

and gotta ask...Smith Mt. Lake huh..I spent quite a bit of time there in the late 70's!! Where on the lake ya at??

agflit

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR...interesting!!! Lemme know if ya need "current" footage of the Rose lol. I'll be back on board sometime later this week!!

and gotta ask...Smith Mt. Lake huh..I spent quite a bit of time there in the late 70's!! Where on the lake ya at??

agflit

Stop by some time.The lake area has grown tremendously since the 70s.But the fishing is still great :) I'm near the Blackwater side.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Stop by some time.The lake area has grown tremendously since the 70s.But the fishing is still great :) I'm near the Blackwater side.

wow!! small world!!! Your right across from the Dare Marina...what USED to be the Beacon Marina in the 70's...I spent my time in the cove just W/NW of the Beacon marina...used to be called "Barker's Cove'.

I remember hooking into someting late one night off of Airport point....took me, a 21' Skeeter, and 280' of 20 lb test for about a 5 minute tow before it stripped the spool dry....literally gave me the willies thinking bout the size of that fish!! ( I think it was either a cat or a muskie...didn't run like a striper)

ag

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
wow!! small world!!! Your right across from the Dare Marina...what USED to be the Beacon Marina in the 70's...I spent my time in the cove just W/NW of the Beacon marina...used to be called "Barker's Cove'.

I remember hooking into someting late one night off of Airport point....took me, a 21' Skeeter, and 280' of 20 lb test for about a 5 minute tow before it stripped the spool dry....literally gave me the willies thinking bout the size of that fish!! ( I think it was either a cat or a muskie...didn't run like a striper)

ag

I used to fish/(troll) the Chesapeake for Stripers. Went to SMLake for a weekend with a guide down there once and had the best Striper fishing ever! Learned how it's done there and never went back. I should have...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on down :) 002.JPG

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that the same fish?? ..you just held it higher!!

:laughing7:

ag

LOL take a look at the 'stripe pattern' of both fish.Their not even close :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread