sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a Vero beach this morning, not much luck but good to be out. I did find these two items, both about 3 inches long. The one laying on the pencil appears to be silver but don't know how to test. It is somewhat flat on the bottom but relatively smooth from rolling around in the sand for who knows how long. The other is a stone with a man made hole in one end, and appears to have been shaped as possibly a shark. Or, I am full of s**t and it is a natural stone:laughing7:.

Anyway, thats all!

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 94

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
While I have no idea what the stone is, from just the one picture, the lower item appears to be silver or pewter to me. The guys at Warrior Pawn (on US 1, just south of the Sebastian bridge) will test that and tell you what it is made of.

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I have no idea what the stone is, from just the one picture, the lower item appears to be silver or pewter to me. The guys at Warrior Pawn (on US 1, just south of the Sebastian bridge) will test that and tell you what it is made of.

Thx Bill. If the stone were carved by indians years ago, it is probably worn quite a bit from its original shape. On another note, will there be any contractors working out of Ft. Pierce this summer? Would like to to be a part of any work there if possible.

Thx, Steve

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Subs working out of Ft Pierce would be Booty Salvage, Dan Porter's Sea Reaper and his new boat, run by John Brandon. The Mighty Mo will likely be down that way some. I was told that Lobsterman will remain on the dock for this year...I do know that there are some guys that I am not personally acquainted with that are planning to work down there. If I get some names, I'll let you know. :)

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subs working out of Ft Pierce would be Booty Salvage, Dan Porter's Sea Reaper and his new boat, run by John Brandon. The Mighty Mo will likely be down that way some. I was told that Lobsterman will remain on the dock for this year...I do know that there are some guys that I am not personally acquainted with that are planning to work down there. If I get some names, I'll let you know. :)

Thx Bill!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread