• shark.jpg
    shark.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 340

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Re: What's for dinner?

Scotty Lee,
I like your picture. There is no problem with sharks but the first photo you can see what is about to happen.
I had a serious runin in 1965 with a 14 foot hammerhead and it tool me over 10 years before I went diving again.
That is my opinion.
Sorry
Peg leg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

want to know --who was the camera man and how much life insurance he had on the other two divers? -- great whites are nasty mean beggers if your the meal of the day-- Ivan

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

My bet would be that it is two pictures overlayed as most pictures like this are 8)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

sure its a hoax -- what nitwit is going to sit around calmly taking a photo with a friegt train sized on coming getting ready to eat great white? -- unless he's trying to win a darwin award.-- Ivan

OP
OP
Miner49er

Miner49er

May 16, 2007

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband, wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The husband is in the navy and has had some scuba experience. His son wanted a pic of his mom and dad in all their gear so got the underwater camera on the go.When it came to taking the pic the dad realized that the son looked like he was panicking as he took it and gave the "OK" hand sign to see if he was alright.The son took the pic and swam to the surface and back to the boat as quick as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK. When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and absolutely shi*ting himself.When the parents asked why, he said "there was a shark behind you", and the dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said it was true and that they wouldn't believe him if he told them what it was. As soon as they got back to the hotel they put the pic onto the laptop and this is what they saw. (Try and tell me you wouldn't have emptied your entire digestive system right at the point you saw it)
You decide.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

-- ah ha the truth comes out -- no way a shark that big was that close and you not know it -- burp--- Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

who can say he didn't get "premission"?

thepirate

Dec 20, 2006
Uk
Detector(s) used
Whatever some nice pirate will loan me!!

Someone still had to take the original pic of that shark!! And why's the shark smiling!!!!!!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

hopefully it was by a unmanned camera -- I would not want to be the man in the water taking it thats for sure -- too big --too hungry looking -- way too close -- body pose of the shark is not good also --- he looks to be in attack mode--divers know what I mean -- yikes -- Ivan

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

The above photo is a bunch of ~ahem~

Bull...

Unlike this photo...

Attachments

• Digital Camera.jpg
    Digital Camera.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 201

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector

Thanx, Darren....Why do people have to lie and be so mean spirited?
The guy even tried to back up his ridiculous photo with a story. miner 49er needs to get a life....he's done here...49er...time to change your handle and attitude...another loser in life...

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I would be careful about jumping to conclusions about miner's character. He could have easily been sent the story (with the photo) in an email. I try to check out the validity of stuff like this, but not everyone does or even cares to. Since I found a story and picture on snopes.com, my bet was that miner was sent an email.

The shark appears to be in shallow water judging from the light refraction. He could be in an aquarium.

btw, copperhead's pic above is also on snopes.com as a fake. :P

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector

ok...you are right...my apology...sorry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread