Aquamarine From 1715 Fleet?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, just wondering if anyone has ever found a raw aquamarine from the 1715 Fleet... whether on the beach or diving. I know of several gold and aquamarine rings that have been recovered over the years from these wrecks but don’t know if any raw stones have come up other than emeralds...

I have a beach spot that has been producing raw Colombian Muzo emeralds from one of the 1715 Fleet wrecks known to have been carrying 132 chests of emeralds, but have now also found a raw aquamarine in the same spot! Very excited about this find and would appreciate any insight that anyone may have about this... thanks in advance...
Here’s a pic of the raw aquamarine and a raw Muzo emerald found in the same area on the beach at the same Wreck site...

View attachment 1593079 View attachment 1593080

Wow they are beautiful !!!

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I thought this was funny so I just thought I would share it here...

Most everyone has had nothing but compliments for my finds over the years but there’s always those that will be either disbelievers because they never found what you have or they are just trying to find out what you know by challenging your finds expecting that you will defend yourself by ultimately revealing where the finds were made...

Well I decided one evening while sitting around with a bunch of other treasure hunters that I would put an offer out there to the group to have anyone who wanted to accompany me on a dig, join me... I have three areas that are known for emeralds from the wrecks so I didn’t mind sharing one... besides, any treasure hunter worth their salt can simply do their own research and figure out which beach sites would be productive for this so it’s not really a secret anyway... there have been numerous others who have found emeralds on the beach over the years as well so I don’t know why the naysayers find it necessary to try and discredit others finds... other than their lack of ability to do simple research for themselves... anyway, would you believe that not one person in the group that evening wanted to join me because it takes cooking in the hot sun for hours and hours while sifting sand that is scorching hot with typically no results and no one wanted to do it!!!

If you haven’t got the desire to do what it takes (namely sound research and then putting in the effort in less than desireable conditions), you will not find anything... simple as that.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t even take real research to find out where emeralds have been found... it’s been mentioned in several treasure books over the years... simply reading a book can give you clues on where to go... the rest is up to you!

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On top of that, if you’re on the “right” beach along the Treasure Coast, you can see either myself or several others who know the spots working it if conditions are right... or you can go even when we’re not there and clearly see for yourself where the sifting has been going on... need I say more... figure it out naysayers and go sifting yourself or just plain shut your mouth and stop trying to discredit people you don’t even know...

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On top of that, if you’re on the “right” beach along the Treasure Coast, you can see either myself or several others who know the spots working it if conditions are right... or you can go even when we’re not there and clearly see for yourself where the sifting has been going on... need I say more... figure it out naysayers and go sifting yourself or just plain shut your mouth and stop trying to discredit people you don’t even know...

naysayer smackdown����

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread