Shipwrecks in Hawaii??

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah old artifacts be found near the old napoopoo village were capt cook was killed in 1779--on the isle of hawaii a monument was built there-- stuff has been found in the area --
capt cook landing site at waimea bay is 2 miles SW of state 50 in the southwest corner of kauai cook camped here in 1778 --
old russian fort built in 1817 --off state 20 about 200 yards southwest of waimea bridge on the isle of kauai was a old trading post--
in 1818 an english pirate named capt turner --is reported to have buried a large number of chest with gold and silver and church items -- in some caves on the north side of kealakakua bay on thr isle of hawaii -- good luck -- if you hit it big chuck me a coin -- Ivan

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all the diving i did for 12 years off oahu i never found any old shipwrecks.all i found was old engines,outboard motors,a P-47 off the edge of the kailua reef,a jap zero near rabbit island(we removed the machine guns an donated them to bishop museum) and a P-39 near the mokes.an a P-47 near where they built the new honolulu runway back in 1976.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread