WELL DOCUMENTED UNDISCOVERED SHIPWRECKS?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there was any well documented wrecks with gold on them in florida,an if anyone found them,im sure they wouldnt say they did, on a public forum.

OP
OP
B

bftrader

Sorry guys. I'm just a newbie. I quess I should explain well documented. I looking for a starting place to research any shipwreck not found yet with some sort of documentation of it carrying treasure. After looking at what the Fisher family controls, there's not much left around Florida. Amazing!! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I think some of the best wrecks would be up near Cape Canaveral and St. Augustine. Still looking for the rest of the 1715 fleet and I am sure there are more Spanish Galeons in the Florida waters waiting to be found. I think some of the best finds are going to be early wrecks from the late 1500's and very early 1600's. Maybe a French Corsair or other privateer that had a successfull voyage but never made it home!

Good luck in your venture! Let us know if we can help!

Robert in SC

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Fishers are more than fair with their subcontractors agreement. If you aren't too greedy, it's a nice way to cut your teeth in the business.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres lots of wrecks all along the Cape Canaveral national seashore cost,i go there all the time,you cant bring a metal detector with you but you can sift the sand all you want,and ifyou are lucky you might see someing shiny laying in the sand:)plus right now theres shipwreck timbers all upan down the beach in the vicinity of where rebaults fleet sank,heres a pic of a timber that was laying on the beach,i found several others even part of a mast,most are washing out of the dunes.

Attachments

• shipwrecktimber.jpg
    shipwrecktimber.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 7,655

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bftrader, welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find this to be a very informative forum, and we always encourage the free flow of information (well, not all information LOL).
You seem to have some knowledge of the 1715 fleet, and with five of those still missing. That sounds like a good place to start. As you can see there are several of us looking for the rest of the 1715 fleet, and we all have a theory or two about those locations. Some would even dispute the identification of one or more of the wrecks that have been located.

Happy Hunting

Q

boatwatch

Greenie
Mar 9, 2005
Anna Maria Island
Hi bftrader welcome , i too am new to this forum? see the post on shipwrecks that i posted , there are a few places that i use for research that i have posted in an earlier post. I am in the Tampa bay area, and just maybe there? might be one of the 1715 fleet , but again its hard to know , there are some? very interesting? sites here around the area in which i roam,? round the skyway , on or about? around the main span pilings there could be some neat stuff, theres an old silver bar wreck in or around the mouth of the manatee river,? also way up the river too,? but like the research i get into , it all can be very conflicting , lol? guess its all part of the worlds? input? as to looking and logging and charting these out,,, they say? hunting for treasure is easy ,, I am still trying to find out who "THEY" are ,, LOL? ?again welcome , feel free to? pm or drop me a line , as i have said to some nice folks in here b/f , anytime anyone would like to come have a sit down and study well i am all up for that , throw some of thee? ole beef on the Barbie and some? crabs in Thar pot , and research stuff as a whole , i have found things? by doing just that , Am not looking to get rich but a nice? hard? earned find would be very satisfying, as well as a great add on to the wallet, lol? good luck in? your hunts and may they always be safe!? ? boatwatch~~~~~~~~~ :o~~~~ :)? P.S? anyone know of a couple of chests of Confederate GOLD COINS that were said to be dumped over board so that? them Thar union boys would not get it,,, just wondering if anyone has heard about that or something of the sort ,, OK? ma-halo ,, stay happy? everyone . and? good luck to all !? boatwatch~~~~~~~~~

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
Hi all, I love to learn, and love to research. The shipwreck topic is fascinating, and something clicked from some recent research I came across. My research involves the land aspects of De Soto's trek through Florida. Exactly where he landed, and what his route through the area could have been. Out of the blue, a Georgia architect contacted me about an article he helped research and write years ago for a doctoral dissertation, on De Soto. It points to Cape Canaveral as the likely landing site, not the west coast of Fla. as the archy's have maintained for years. Anyway, he followed up his theories and either he or others he knows found Spanish fort/ camp remnants, with artifacts, and the current controversy surrounding one of these artifacts, etc. He sent me a copy of it last week, and while it doesn't focus much on the water aspect of the issue, it seems to me it may be a place to start for someone living in that area. It is original research, good logic/ critical thinking, and if anyone is interested, you may have a copy. I live a wee bit too far from the coast ( ahem, Wisconsin ) for it to do me any good. This theory/ thesis has been co-opted, and probably plagiarized, and is currently a major breakthrough theory and controversy in the professional field. it may be a ground floor opportunity for one of you divers.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PC,
its well documented that rebaults fleet sank in a storm in the area where i found the timber,also the surviver camp is nearby,its on the fl state list so its protected,there was other timbers i found,most are buried in the dunes which are now being exposed due to the large surf an high tides,i found 1 that was 18 feet long with a curve at the end with bronze spikes in it that was sticking out of the dunes,a friend the day before found part of a mast,but by the time i got the there it has been washed out into the ocean.like i said in my post no metal detectors are allowed on the beach there,so whatever you find,just has to be laying there or if you happen to be sifting sand for sand fleas for fish bait,im not gonna risk getting my $3000 md taken away from me by the rangers or get a fine from them,plus theres many other wrecks in the area just off shore,but due to NASA being there and the space program,no contracts with the state will be had.but they did say anything past the 3 mile limit you can dive on,but i doupt anything is out that far,the real eight co had a contract with the state before the space program started up years ago,they worked a few wrecks along that coast.and found some gold an silver.

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Hi Fisheye ...you inspired me with your picture! I also go to Canaveral Seashore/ playalinda a lot, are you looking north or south of the nudest? or are you looking in the smack middle of the nudest? ::) just kidding. I was just looking to take some pictures of the timber you mentioned. Also where can i find more info about Rebaults Fleet? Thanks for any help
Jimi

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimi,
the area where the timbers are is south of apollo beach (nude beach)Canaveral Seashore which is south of new smyrna beach,,but first you will need a backwoods pass from the federal ranger at the gate.this is in case you get lost down there,or eaten by the wildlife,they wont be responsible for you or have to go looking for your remains.just stay on the beach an you will be ok.go to the last parking lot,better on a weekday you will get a spot to park.where i found the timbers was 1/8th of a mile north and south of the backwoods sign on the beach,the timbers are still there,that is if the high water didnt wash them away from the dunes,some were on the top of the dunes about 10 feet back,others were embedded in the dunes about 1-2 feet above the beach,let me know if you see that mast on the beach anywhere,theres a large telephone pole up in the dunes,its not a mast.futher up in the dunes is some aircraft wreckage,i think it was used as target practice years ago.do a search for Jean Rebault on the net,you will find alot of info and dates.make sure you are back at the main gate before the park closes,they fine you like $100 or more.check the tides too,its pretty tough walking at high tide.let me know when you are going,i may go with you,i need a break from working on boats

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Fisheye thanks for your reply, you are a wealth of information! We have talked before I'm out at Universal.
I'm thinking about going this Sunday but may take your suggestion and go Monday ( I feel a cold coming on! ;). Are you intrested? normally I go to the south end and venture up through Klondike Beach, I haven't been since the storms

Countrycuz

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what became of that google searcher down near Galveston who claimed he found the Berckentine ship that blew in on a Hurricane inland??

Countrycuz

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I love to learn, and love to research. The shipwreck topic is fascinating, and something clicked from some recent research I came across. My research involves the land aspects of De Soto's trek through Florida. Exactly where he landed, and what his route through the area could have been. Out of the blue, a Georgia architect contacted me about an article he helped research and write years ago for a doctoral dissertation, on De Soto. It points to Cape Canaveral as the likely landing site, not the west coast of Fla. as the archy's have maintained for years. Anyway, he followed up his theories and either he or others he knows found Spanish fort/ camp remnants, with artifacts, and the current controversy surrounding one of these artifacts, etc. He sent me a copy of it last week, and while it doesn't focus much on the water aspect of the issue, it seems to me it may be a place to start for someone living in that area. It is original research, good logic/ critical thinking, and if anyone is interested, you may have a copy. I live a wee bit too far from the coast ( ahem, Wisconsin ) for it to do me any good. This theory/ thesis has been co-opted, and probably plagiarized, and is currently a major breakthrough theory and controversy in the professional field. it may be a ground floor opportunity for one of you divers.

He came through Jacksonville GA

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
They are currently sifting through the dirt on his north Marion county Orange Springs, Florida campsite, finding pottery shards, coins, and pieces of chain mail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread