Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So I assume they have a permit? What does the govt. have to say about this?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As far as I can tell, Pete....not much.
The "permit" was granted by NOT the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Labour...the same folks that host this heartbreaking page on the web and are legally empowered to issue such a permit:
https://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/dp_form.asp?fid=115<yeah...if you can download that permit form, send one to me...>
but by THIS man - Cyril Roker of "The Port Department" in Nassau (signed by the 'Acting Port Controller', Cyril Roker.)
Permission to collect Gold out of Bahamian waters? Does the Minnis Cabinet know about this? | Bahamaspress.com
<I suspect the Minnis Cabinet has not a clue>
and here is the mission statement from The Port Duhpartment...no shipwrecks mentioned:
https://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/port...Zp_0sf65_wLRoKxf/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

In one article we see this:
"PO8 received its salvaging license from government officials in the Bahamas late in 2017."
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/deep-sea-treasure-hunting-blockchain/
but that seems to fly in the face of the following:
"
Form Title:
Shipwreck Sites Salvage Application

Description:

This application is to be used to obtain a permit to carryout salvage exploration in waters of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.

Abandon Shipwreck Act

FAQ's:

May I have a Permit to carry out the salvage exploration of a Historical Wreck Site in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas?
No. Currently there is a Government Moratorium in place; therefore Permits are not being issued, however once the moratorium is lifted permits may be issued.

What do I need to bring in when I apply for a salvage permit?
Proof of involvement in the Company, A copy of the Corporate Constitution and By-laws, A Project Proposal outlining, Background Experience, Source of Funding, A Geographical description of the area that is the Longitude and latitude to the nearest 10th of a minute, A geodetic chart with the area requested.

Does my permit allow me to carry out my operations any where in the Commonwealth of Bahamas?
No. Exploration can only be carried out in the area assigned to the Salvager.

MARITIME AFFAIRS & LABOUR, MINISTRY OF
2ND FL. GENERAL POST OFFICE BLDG.
EAST HILL ST.
NASSAU, BAHAMAS
N 3008"

The above was found at: https://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/faq.asp?fid=115

Some other assorted interesting stuff that went by while I was looking for that letter:
'$22m donation' tie to salvage licence denied | The Tribune

Treasure salvage licence hopes are 'wrecked' | The Tribune

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Apparently the Bahamian government has changed their structure and now this crew IS in charge of some/all maritime affairs...
I stand corrected <by myself>

Ministry of Transport and Local Government
Manx Dockendale Corporate Centre (3rd Floor)
(Campbell Maritime Centre)
West Bay Street
P.O. Box N-7132
Phone:(242) 328-2701/5 or 397-5501
(242) 328-2700 (Local Government)
Fax:(242) 328-1324
Contacts

Areas of Responsibility
Department of Road Traffic
Post Office Department
Department of Local Government
Department of Meteorology
Port Department
Other Areas of ResponsibilitiesGround Transportation
Road Traffic Management
Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing
Drays and Surveys
Postal Service
Inter-Island Passengers Freight and Mail Service
Relations with Local Government
Authorities
Local Improvement Associations
Meteorology
Relations with The Bahamas Maritime
Authority
Ship Registration
Maritime Affairs
Port

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cyril Roker retired the day after he signed the permit. My inside source tells me that Pieces Of Eight does not have the endorsement of the Commonwealth or the Prime Minister's office.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Cyril Roker retired the day after he signed the permit. My inside source tells me that Pieces Of Eight does not have the endorsement of the Commonwealth or the Prime Minister's office.

Is that like "Take the money and Run!"

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so they fund "the project" by selliing off crypto coins --- you in turn get "in place artifacts" on the ocean floor as security for your coin --or recovered and "kept" { in a museam) in the Bahama's for the public to gawk at ...you on paper at least own the recovered / discovered item "on paper" ...but try to cash it out and turn a profiet in real world money and see what happens...

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chief of staff of France, General Edouard Deladier, said when the German attack in 1940: It can not be true! Impossible! But it was very possible, as history showed us.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Po8 will be in prestigious Yacht Club of Monaco on October 24 event.

Monaco 22-25 October.jpg

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read up on the 'value' of this crap before you even think about investing in one. 99.9% are worthless. Anyone can float an offering.

Note: A non-fungible token (NFT) is a special type of cryptographic token which represents something unique; non-fungible tokens are thus not interchangeable. This is in contrast to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and many network or utility tokens that are fungible in nature.

So, explain exactly how blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, would in any way, aid in providing anything to the project?

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So, explain exactly how blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, would in any way, aid in providing anything to the project?

Here is how it works; a fool buys PO8 cryptocurrency. PO8 has money. Fool has less money.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They mention spending the funds to research the location beginning Fall 2018, getting the team and equipment together, and by Fall 2019, actually begin the underwater search..
PO8 mentions first target is the Maravillas, wasnt that already recovered (and a legal mess?) Why a year to research and find it, wasnt it already found?

https://www.po8.io/

So, according to PO8, any artefacts recovered are kept in a museum in the Bahamas, the crypto currency is valued at the value artefact of the recovery which the NFT you purchased is attached.....So it looks like you have your choice in their marketplace of which artefact to 'own".

NFTs will be tradable on the PAZAR marketplace rolling out later in the year. PAZAR users will be able to buy, sell, auction, lease, trade and leverage their NFTs on the marketplace platform.”

So one is baffled into some value of the coin from the artefacts value based on a crypto marketplace that they are developing called PAZAR, (not an existing crypto market!)

"Recovered artifacts will be digitally imprinted with distinguishable NFTs ensuring the majority artifacts live on the blockchain and physically remain in the custody of the PO8 Foundation for continued studies by the archaeology community, and to be exhibited in various museums worldwide."

The value of the NFT is based on an artefact, not the collection as a whole, but EACH arefact.

and to top it off, you get to keep your crypto coins in their very own MADS wallet! (Marine Artefact Database system)

Min invest is $50,000, but lucky you, for a limited time, there is a private sale for a min of $250,000 $$$$$

cant see anything wrong with this!

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
All I can say is that, as always, politics here and abroad are pay to play and if you can't pay, you can't play.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
More blockchain fun in the treasure biz...
This was posted on Seafarer Exploration's Facebook page.
"Seafarer Exploration
September 6 at 2:39 PM ·

“This is the first major step in building a strong symbiotic relationship with a cutting-edge technology company. P&S has the capacity to take us to a new level of technological development and ultimately potential revenues. A carefully designed program has been created between P&S and Seafarer to both monetize emerging technologies and engage Seafarer to be compensated for directing private and public companies who wish to utilize blockchain encryption to P&S for their services. P&S is a leader in blockchain encryption and already works with government, aerospace, defense contractors, banks and industries in a high-tech research, development and support role. Nobody in our industry sector remotely comes close to what Seafarer is doing. We already set the bar in everything we do, but P&S can take us into a space that far exceeds our expectations and industry norms.”
- Kyle Kennedy, CEO"

I continue to be skeptical of these fads. I'm 62 years old. I remember when Shetland ponies and chinchillas made a few people richer and a lot of people poorer, as did the emu,ostrich and Boer goat fads. You don't see many herds of Shetlands and I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a chinchilla breeder in your neighborhood.
Blockchain is an interesting technology and it may well be very important in the financial world in 5-15 years, but I marvel at all the folks who are jumping on the bandwagon just to see where it goes.

I will continue to read and research:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/naeema...in-is-useless-all-icos-are-scam/#20f9c0a43f3a

https://hbr.org/2017/01/the-truth-about-blockchain

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-most-blockchain-ICOs-are-a-scam#

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(The infamous hacks that have hit bitcoin exchanges exposed weaknesses not in the blockchain itself but in separate systems linked to parties using the blockchain.)A chain is only strong at its weakest link.Too many data breaches and hacking goes on every day on the net.Nothing is secure.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More blockchain fun in the treasure biz...
This was posted on Seafarer Exploration's Facebook page.
"Seafarer Exploration
September 6 at 2:39 PM ·

“This is the first major step in building a strong symbiotic relationship with a cutting-edge technology company. P&S has the capacity to take us to a new level of technological development and ultimately potential revenues. A carefully designed program has been created between P&S and Seafarer to both monetize emerging technologies and engage Seafarer to be compensated for directing private and public companies who wish to utilize blockchain encryption to P&S for their services. P&S is a leader in blockchain encryption and already works with government, aerospace, defense contractors, banks and industries in a high-tech research, development and support role. Nobody in our industry sector remotely comes close to what Seafarer is doing. We already set the bar in everything we do, but P&S can take us into a space that far exceeds our expectations and industry norms.”
- Kyle Kennedy, CEO"

I continue to be skeptical of these fads. I'm 62 years old. I remember when Shetland ponies and chinchillas made a few people richer and a lot of people poorer, as did the emu,ostrich and Boer goat fads. You don't see many herds of Shetlands and I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a chinchilla breeder in your neighborhood.
Blockchain is an interesting technology and it may well be very important in the financial world in 5-15 years, but I marvel at all the folks who are jumping on the bandwagon just to see where it goes.

I will continue to read and research:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/naeema...in-is-useless-all-icos-are-scam/#20f9c0a43f3a

https://hbr.org/2017/01/the-truth-about-blockchain

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-most-blockchain-ICOs-are-a-scam#

Hey Bill, how about the pet rock?
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions