Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be cool to recover it. This guy got around! Found this... aaaaaaaaaaCook.jpg

And on a tiny 91 foot long sailing vessel. Amazing. aaaaaaaendeavor.jpg

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What an incredible accomplishment.

Oceanographic survey ships transiting near the Cook Monument in Hawaii have been known to renew the whitewash on his memorial as a tradition and tribute.

Attachments

• Cook.JPG
    Cook.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also responsible for the creation of "side shows" or shocking carnival displays. On his trip to the south pacific he captured tattooed natives(also other interesting things) which were put on display and you could view the people for a price to fund his next voyage.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND????? I see NOTHING in the article that shows anything has been located.

Researchers in Rhode Island, on the US East Coast, said this week that they had narrowed a decades-long search for the Endeavour to "one or two archaeological sites," just in time for the 250th anniversary of Cook's voyage from the UK to Australia aboard the vessel, the first recorded European contact with that continent.

What an incredible accomplishment.Also responsible for the creation of "side shows" or shocking carnival displays. On his trip to the south pacific he captured tattooed natives(also other interesting things) which were put on display and you could view the people for a price to fund his next voyage.
Now thats cool stuff!

C'mon people, what are you thinking? Please dont acknowledge this BS as any sort of reality, it just furthers it on the net.

Last edited:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Let's see. seekerGH finishes his negative activity on Tnet on July 3. Mysteriously, xaos shows up on the same date. 8-)

GreenHiker

Jul 8, 2010
GA, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Garrett

Re-read the title to this thread. The original poster asked the question, "Captain Cook's Endeavour found?"

Darren - I noticed the same.... Hmmm....

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Researchers in Rhode Island, on the US East Coast, said this week that they had narrowed a decades-long search for the Endeavour to "one or two archaeological sites," just in time for the 250th anniversary of Cook's voyage from the UK to Australia aboard the vessel, the first recorded European contact with that continent.

C'mon people, what are you thinking? Please dont acknowledge this BS as any sort of reality, it just furthers it on the net.

Your reaction has no relation to the topic. Calm yourself.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually what I said is perfectly true..... no idea about any ship wrecks nor did I say anything about a ship wreck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread