google earth questions

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I don't know how often they update the images, but the free version has the same aerial images as the pay version. I know this because I thought the pay version may have some added images and tried it out...... but it don't!

They finally updated the images for my area this year. They didn't even have the grainy low res color or even b/w.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too wondered when they update. Based on looking at my area, I can see it in the dead of winter. How, do I know? The hay rings are out, and the cows are grazing a ryegrass field.

;) RR

OP
OP
B

bell47

Apr 1, 2006
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Seahunter
I'm gonna give worldwind a try. I did find a pic of what I believe to be an old schooner on google the other day. Looking at the charts for the area I think it's in about 15 feet of water at low tide. Not a major discovery but cool to me.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was a paying customer for earthview which is now google earth for free i talked to the support people and asked how often the images were updated.they said anywheres from 6 months to 2 years.areas of interest are updated weekly,like Iraq or weather torn areas,floods,tidal waves.from what i have seen in some areas they havent been updated in 5-7 years.

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
I know they havent updated my area, suburbs 15 miles north of Detorit in at least 5 years. Mom's car is still sitting in her driveway and she passed away 4 1/2 years ago.

What is the difference between google earth FREE and the pay version? What "extra" do you get for the money?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Google Earth Plus:

• Enhanced network access for faster performance
  • Real-time GPS tracking and track/waypoint import –- for upload of data from select GPS devices
    • Verified support for Magellan and Garmin devices only
    • Does not support export of tracks or waypoints to a GPS

• Greater-than-screen-resolution printing – for impressive hardcopies
  • Customer support via email
  • Spreadsheet importer – to import locations from .CSV files

Check here to see the other versions and comparison.

http://earth.google.com/

Robert

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT/Fisher Impulse/eyes + hands
Do you get better images if you have a video card rather than an "on board" video? thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread