Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 401

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
Bell...use caution and sensibility when approaching this matter. It looks good, but the photo brings alot of questions into my mind.
it appears to be the outline of a ship...but that is seldom....next to never...the case when a sonar or visual is done on a ship that is found. think of it like this..do you think the toredo worms only liked the ribs...and not the 'outlined' part of the ship?
go ahead and dive there...but, depending on where you are from, do not bankrupt your household on this...take it from a man who read, 'The Treasure Hunter' by howard jennings and moore. I went to honduras to check it all out about the gold dredging. It was one of the most wonderful times of my life. I met Papa Ray Jones..saw the gold around there and MORE!...but, jennings was a liar. long story..but the gist iof it is....use reason and care in these matters...your friend...fortunate....oh, and by the way....Papa Ray Jones was one of the greatest men I have ever met in my life....He was the true treasure hunter...ohhh...the stories next to the smidge fire.....pricelesss..........i was there.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Interesting, fortunate. I was in touch with Stan Grist years ago about much of Jennings' travels. Shoot me a PM or email me at darrentalley @juno.com to swap stories. I got a question for you about Honduras. ;)

All the best to you,
Darren

FireRescue

Jul 28, 2007
Middle Georgia
It definately looks like an old boat outline, I hope for your sake it is.
That would be an awesome feeling, knowing you found it all by yourself.
cheers!

OP
OP
B

bell47

Apr 1, 2006
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Seahunter
I don't think I'll bankrupt myself as this is actually about 15 minutes from my home. I was just checking out a local harbor and saw it! 15 minutes actually would be 5 minute drive 5 minutes to back a boat in and a five minute boat ride! I think it would only be 10-15 feet of water at low tide. It's probably just an old fishing schooner, but I never thought my first found shipwreck would be a galleon. I've got a buddy with a boat and can hopefully check it out with in a couple of weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions