New Kid on the Block

pwillie

Jan 22, 2005
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter and Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am into shipwrecks and underwater archiology but like most of us... have limited funds. There is a new side scan sonar comming to the market in the next few weeks which I had the opportunity to try a couple weeks ago and it's impressive. The unit is called the Starfish and is manufactured by Tritech International. The folks at Thermacline Technologies are distributers for Tritech and let me play with a pre production unit. It was awsome for the price. It produces near photo like images and is to retail somewhere in the $5000.00 range. It connects to your computer and is easy to use. It will be appearing on the Thermacline site in the near future. Check it out if your looking for a great side scan at a really good price. Some of my images may also be there!

P.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forum pwillie.the starfish is new,i have seen the website.not many pics of scans there so no one can tell how good it is.as far as price goes,its pretty much the same price as all the other small SS units.for under $2100 you can get the humminbird 900 series SS fishfinder.the scans are just as good as the $5000 units.pwillie,are you a dealer for tritech?if they arent out on the market yet,how did you get to try one out?post some pics of the scans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread