Robert Marx Lecture Nov 15

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MELBOURNE — Famed underwater explorer Sir Robert Marx will lead an aquatic journey around the world as he explores the history and development of underwater archaeology in a free public lecture starting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at Florida Tech’s Gleason Performing Arts Center.

In “Archaeology of the Abyss: Shipwreck Treasures from the Deep,” Marx, a pioneer in deep-water archaeology, will talk about early robotic equipment and recoveries he made on deep-water shipwreck sites and submerged settlements.

Marx will offer insight and riveting details on the fascinating sites, from Singapore to the Azores, which he and others have explored.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I only get weekly notifications from tnet, so I am only just now seeing this. I like going to his lectures.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I only get weekly notifications from tnet, so I am only just now seeing this. I like going to his lectures.
I try to go to as many of Mr. Marx's lectures as I can, but this one I couldn't make. As soon as I hear of the next one I'll shoot you an e-mail, Tammy.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread