Casting for a New TV Show

ACECasting

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2018
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Casey and I'm a development coordinator for an LA-based television production company.

We're in the process of conducting research for a new show whose development was requested by a major TV network. We're on the lookout for any currently operating treasure hunters, shipwreck finders, or marine salvagers. Individual hobbyists, small teams, or small businesses are all accepted!

We're looking for anyone operating in the Caribbean Ocean (ideally based in Florida, the Bahamas, or the Dominican Republic). If you fit that bill, or know anyone who does, please encourage them to reach out!

Please contact us at [email protected]. Please include a little bit about yourself, some of your notable finds, and what equipment you own/use. If you could also include links to your social media (if you have any) or any photos/videos of you in action, that would be super helpful.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from all of you! Please feel free to share this with others, and please reach out with any questions you may have.

~Casey

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please make all replies according to TreasureNet rules!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, I'm booked.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caribbean Ocean?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Since salvaging is illegal in the DR and Bahamas, Florida is all that meets your requirements. There are a number of salvors working on the 1715 fleet you might speak with.

Also, these guys are currently salvaging the Pulaski off NC, and have plans for more projects.
http://www.enduranceexplorationgroup.com

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum Casey. The folks here are pretty sharp, and I find your invitation alarmingly vague. Maybe if you gave more precise info about yourself, you would receive some vague responses. Is this a pay to play casting company? I hear they're quite popular in L.A.

We love details here, photos, history.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, welcome to the land of disbelief. And sometimes real belief! I do not do water. It's too wet, but good luck.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You have definitely come to the right place. Lots of characters around here.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good suggestion would be to travel to Sebastian, Florida and visit the local museums and marinas, see some salvage boats and meet the "characters" that make it happen. It's kind of a closed society and even among the locals there are separate "tribes".

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren is correct above...the only folks working in the Bahamas are working on a "Search and Identify" sort of unofficial permit as close as I can tell. If you have 30 million USD to invest, that gets you in the club. Caribbean Pirate Gold and Cooper's Treasure have filmed there, but there are no active, legal salvage operations as far as the public knows.
The DR is still closed up like a cold clam as of last report...which was about 4 PM yesterday.
Very briefly - There are only a couple of active salvors in Florida who are not subcontractors with either Queen's Jewels or Mel Fisher's Treasures that are actually working...
For the most part you'll need to deal with those two entities.
If you want to film any active treasure salvage boats in Florida you have to contact:
For the Treasure Coast...
1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels LLC is the custodian of the 1715 wreck sites... all of them. Everyone working on the 1715 Fleet is a subcontractor with them.
The first thing you need to do is talk to John Brandon, Operations Manager w/ 1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels LLC. Any agreements for filming have to be approved by him.
https://www.1715treasurefleet.com/.
PLEASE NOTE...there is almost no salvage activity on the Treasure Coast except from May to September or so and no...we can't work to anyone's shooting schedule. All salvage operations are completely ruled by the weather.
For most everything in the Keys, you'll need to talk to the folks at https://www.melfisher.com/default.html
They've been doing quite a lot of TV lately.
If you get an agreement with Queen's Jewels or a signed permit for either the Bahamas or the Dominican Republic, bring your checkbook and your lawyer to Sebastian.
There will be money involved, but we'll get you all squared away.
Search the posts in the forum. Check our Facebook. There is much to learn from.
We also have the 11th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout on April 27th, 2019. A good opportunity to meet the people that you seek.

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Darren is correct above...the only folks working in the Bahamas are working on a "Search and Identify" sort of unofficial permit as close as I can tell. If you have 30 million USD to invest, that gets you in the club. Caribbean Pirate Gold and Cooper's Treasure have filmed there, but there are no active, legal salvage operations as far as the public knows.
The DR is still closed up like a cold clam as of last report...which was about 4 PM yesterday.
Very briefly - There are only a couple of active salvors in Florida who are not subcontractors with either Queen's Jewels or Mel Fisher's Treasures that are actually working...
For the most part you'll need to deal with those two entities.
If you want to film any active treasure salvage boats in Florida you have to contact:
For the Treasure Coast...
1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels LLC is the custodian of the 1715 wreck sites... all of them. Everyone working on the 1715 Fleet is a subcontractor with them.
The first thing you need to do is talk to John Brandon, Operations Manager w/ 1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels LLC. Any agreements for filming have to be approved by him.
https://www.1715treasurefleet.com/.
PLEASE NOTE...there is almost no salvage activity on the Treasure Coast except from May to September or so and no...we can't work to anyone's shooting schedule. All salvage operations are completely ruled by the weather.
For most everything in the Keys, you'll need to talk to the folks at https://www.melfisher.com/default.html
They've been doing quite a lot of TV lately.
If you get an agreement with Queen's Jewels or a signed permit for either the Bahamas or the Dominican Republic, bring your checkbook and your lawyer to Sebastian.
There will be money involved, but we'll get you all squared away.
Search the posts in the forum. Check our Facebook. There is much to learn from.
We also have the 11th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout on April 29th, 2019. A good opportunity to meet the people that you seek.

Bill, that's April 27th in 2019...

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sit right back and you'll a tale...it started from a tropic port...
another series

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you think about it, treasure salvage is nice little cottage industry. Probably hate to see it go "Hollywood".

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
A

ACECasting

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2018
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, sorry for the delay, I was out of the office for the weekend. To clear some things up:

1. We are NOT pay-to-play and we are NOT a casting company. We are a television production company, so we handle all the phases of production. Currently we are developing and casting the show, but if greenlit, our same company would film and then edit the show. We don't outsource that work, and there is no monetary expense required of any talent that participates in the show.

2. Our production company is called American Chainsaws Entertainment and this is the link to our site: https://www.americanchainsaws.com/

3. I apologize if any of this is overly vague. If you're interested in the show, please contact me at the [email protected] email. I can be more candid over email. There's a lot of details I can't post on a public forum. Networks don't appreciate it when the shows they're working on get leaked all over the internet!

Thanks everyone, a bunch of these responses have been super helpful already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread