jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The St. Johns herald. (St. Johns, Apache County, Arizona Territory [Ariz.]), 31 Jan. 1895

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg
000fff.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=655

Which Gave me an Excuse to Go out in my Garage & Take pics of some of My Anchors.
Of Course Mine are Not the Valuable Ship Anchors.
Just Lake Bottom Anchors.
Some Store Bought, Some Hand Made with Cement & Coffee Cans, Some With Window Weights Etc.

I Did Think about cleaning some up & seeing if the Local Bait Shop would be Interested in the Real Anchors.
But Couldn't Part with them :tongue3:

DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0004.JPG DSCF0005.JPG DSCF0007.JPG DSCF0008.JPG DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0011.JPG

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jeff I used to make a pretty good buck on the weekends retrieving anchors from the local artificial reefs on the Gulf coast of Florida. One reef in particular, Indian Rocks artificial reef consisted of bridge rubble with rebar sticking out. I got 12 anchors in one dive. Most of the anchors were Danforth style and some even had stainless steel chain. The older ones were covered with barnacles. I just scraped them off and sprayed it with galvanized paint and they looked like new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread