i think i'm onto the location of a treasure fleet patache - PERSA 100 tons 6 guns

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well it was ONLY A100 ton vessel--- THUS rather small --BUT IT WAS PART OF A TREASURE FLEET -- SMUGGLING WAS RAMPET …. a patache was a small light fast vessel used to carry dispatches FROM VESSEL TO VESSEL and go in shallow waters to fetch up water / food supplies for the fleets larger vessels …(350 TONS ) CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR THE CARGO MANIFEST AND LIST OF FOLKS ABOARD HER

Ivan I tried to respond via your msg's to no avail due to your current status with your msg's as I stated before... SO... I will throw it onto this thread rather than the other one.

First and foremost I want to clear up some discrepancies concerning the overall picture here concerning your ship in question and Patache's in general as well... but the ehhhh anyway....

Most people are not aware that Pataches were NOT just a "dispatch" vessel... although they did perform this task regularly Pataches performed a multitude of things but it may surprise you to know that the were designed to be a form of protection as a form of warship... WHEN outfitted with more guns.

Also they averaged 30 ton naked without armaments...

Ok I will just cut to the chase... here is my "rule of thumb" concerning patache's... 6 cannon = Standard run... no importance of mission. MORE cannon = Importance of cargo or mission... more cannon = more important. :)

Also... I cannot find anything concerning your "Persa"... which either means one of two things... 1. The info you have is ? ? ? (not sure what to think.) 2. I have not found her yet.

I will add more as time permits...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add...

ALL ships of this time period are "blurry" as to almost all aspects of them... especially the designs for example... even the famed "galleon" is a mystery ship as far as design is concerned...

No accurate detail exists.

The only information we know comes from statements in writings and from paintings from that period and drawings... No design plans exist.

Shipwrights passed this guarded info through the men in the trade down the line so to speak.

Anyway... babble ... :)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan I have some documents of the 1641 fleet from Seville. According to the records the fleet was hit by a hurricane on Sept. 27 in 30 deg. latitude. The patache was found by another patache from Havana several days later 5 leagues from shore. Don't forger the Persa was in the Gulf Stream and could have drifted 50 miles further north before it was found. Unless you have the GPS numbers of the Persa's final resting place, you have nothing.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan I have some documents of the 1641 fleet from Seville. According to the records the fleet was hit by a hurricane on Sept. 27 in 30 deg. latitude. The patache was found by another patache from Havana several days later 5 leagues from shore. Don't forger the Persa was in the Gulf Stream and could have drifted 50 miles further north before it was found. Unless you have the GPS numbers of the Persa's final resting place, you have nothing.

You have docs on this ? ? ?

1641 ?

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Good luck and let us know if it turns fruitful! I'm sure Spain already has a lock on your IP, haha!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You have docs on this ? ? ?

1641 ?

Yes. I have a researcher that lives in Seville feeding me documents. Some with abstracts and translations.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
duro's book list the vessels name - PERSA -tonnage (100) and gun number (6) * THERE ARE ALSO DOCUMENTS IN THE ARCHIVES THAT TELL MORE ABOUT IT -- THUS BEING ABLE T5O READ SPANISH AND DOING RESEARCH IS REQUIRED.....

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes and 1700'spanish is way different than modern Spanish is =--much the way old Elizabeth style English 9s to modern English

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan....where do you intend to take this? Are you looking for someone to partner up with?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread