new model fo rspanish shipwreck researching * pre 1750 and outside 12 mile limit

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
frankly folks I am tired of TRYING to deal with the US federal govt and State of Florida as far a getting the ';required" permits need to legally harvest a shipwreck --they do nothing but hinder and obstruct salvors at every turn --even to the point of calling in foreign govts to claim wrecks out from under legit US salvors with valid claims---so about 2 years ago I decided to switch my researching parameters to search archives for wrecks where the Spanish knew the location of the non military wrecksite but the failed to salvage it for whatever reason... thus they in legal terms "abandoned it" … said wrecks would have to be outside US / Fla state limits along the florida coastlines --to avoid any govt entanglemnts (needing permits) ...needless to say this really cuts way down on the overall % of wrecks --but when found ….its a clear path to what slavors want and need --a clearly abandoned --open season wreck in "open waters"

I am sure those in the business can understand the common sense of this approach

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds good Ivan but no matter where it is or what it is, if there is anything of value on board Spain is going to claim it as THEIR cultural heritage.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Saw your other post...good luck with your recovery Ivan

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o about 2 years ago I decided to switch my researching parameters to search archives for wrecks where the Spanish knew the location of the non military wrecksite but the failed to salvage it for whatever reason... thus they in legal terms "abandoned it" …

misguided analogy at best,
destined to fail, absolutely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread