Pirate Door To Treasure Room?

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have serious doubts that the object in question was part of a seaborn adventure. If it HAD been part of a ships complement...without proper conservation... it would long ago have crumpled into dust after a good salt water soaking.
I think you have a unique piece of Early Americana, I believe hand carved, and certainly mid 1800's...possibly earlier. But I don't think it was " washed up on a beach" from a pirate ship. Sorry

Enter "Oak Island" to the mix and throw every bit of logic and factual information out the window.

I’ve contacted the Oak Island museum to see if it is of any interest. Very interesting theory. Does this door make sense that it would have been from a ship? I’m getting historical info about it second hand. Btw my parent house was owned by a chapel related to the Oak Island chapels.

ahhh, yes, now...was this BEFORE or AFTER you posted here asking for information on the door? And of course, you became aware that your parents house was owned by the Oak Island Chapels, after posting...jeeeez. ummm, no pretense?
Fits perfect with the Curse of the curse of oak island thread? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/595896-curse-curse-oak-island.html

So much for a rational discussion on the possible origins of a cupboard door, allegedly found washed up on the shore, with late 1800's carvings and adorned with brass tacks which has not been invented until 1900, and absolutely no signs of ever even being wet, let alone submerged and washed up on a shore, yet now, a "missing link" to the Oak Island scam. I bet even that resident buffoon could find this with a metal detector?

There are many people here on TNET who are interested in historical and archaeological research and have provided responses to your quest for information on this cupboard door alleged from a shipwreck. There were many responses, especially mine, that were researched, looking at the images carved, condition of the artefact, and other information provided, to give you opinions and information on the identification of the artefact.

Given your latest 'revelations', while I cannot speak for the others who provided you information, I for one, cannot help but feel a certain, well... Here on TNET, we are prohibited from identifying false, misleading, or fraudulent claims by members posting 'finds'.

Mods, please move this thread to the Oak island depository.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Momuffler

Greenie
Jan 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax man.......I was originally going on second hand information that it was a ship door.

1) I believe it hasn’t been in the water for some time.
2) I’m just trying to get opinions on the door. I’m not trying to start any kind of conspiracy in which you have no patience for.
3) Those tacks May not be brass. Were never identified as such.
4) it was found on a beach 110%. Any moron including yourself would assume it came from the water at first glance.
5) Oak Island has artifacts on it that have come from this time period. Why wouldn’t I use their resources to try to help identify it properly?
6) You need to get out more and away from your computer.

Enter "Oak Island" to the mix and throw every bit of logic and factual information out the window.

ahhh, yes, now...was this BEFORE or AFTER you posted here asking for information on the door? And of course, you became aware that your parents house was owned by the Oak Island Chapels, after posting...jeeeez. ummm, no pretense?
Fits perfect with the Curse of the curse of oak island thread? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/595896-curse-curse-oak-island.html

So much for a rational discussion on the possible origins of a cupboard door, allegedly found washed up on the shore, with late 1800's carvings and adorned with brass tacks which has not been invented until 1900, and absolutely no signs of ever even being wet, let alone submerged and washed up on a shore, yet now, a "missing link" to the Oak Island scam. I bet even that resident buffoon could find this with a metal detector?

There are many people here on TNET who are interested in historical and archaeological research and have provided responses to your quest for information on this cupboard door alleged from a shipwreck. There were many responses, especially mine, that were researched, looking at the images carved, condition of the artefact, and other information provided, to give you opinions and information on the identification of the artefact.

Given your latest 'revelations', while I cannot speak for the others who provided you information, I for one, cannot help but feel a certain, well... Here on TNET, we are prohibited from identifying false, misleading, or fraudulent claims by members posting 'finds'.

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow that is a lot of vitriol. You got angry fast my friend, the OP is just looking for information and told us what little he knows about the object.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
save it.

poster comes here asking for id, BUT then decides to describe sending samples to the Smithsonian, Oak Island Museum, and that it lives next door to property owners from Oak Island.
BTW, tacks, not just brass ones, were not invented until 1900, which happens to be the same timeframe as the carved stylized fish...

This is the shipwreck thread, posters where know shipwreck and salt water effect, and not a single poster on this board has described this artefact as ever having been in the water. Yet the OP goes on to say this "Any moron including yourself would assume it came from the water at first glance."

This is the shipwreck thread, NOT the Oak Island thread.

take it elsewhere.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of you end it or loose posting privilages. Post by our rules or dont post.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One Door Is Closed...Another Opens!

This is the shipwreck thread, NOT the Oak Island thread.

Doors.jpg

This Is His Thread!...We would be honored for him to...Come On Over To The Oak Island Thread!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread