xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xaos
21 pages and we are looking for what ?
suggest going to a church or synagogue,

After the incident, the Vatican has banned me from their income generating facilities..aside from that, why would I need to go to a church or synagogue?

Once again let me remind you that the bell is just 8" tall and 5" wide at the base.

salvor6... well according to you! hahahahaha

why cant skream, the alleged finder, provide basic dimensions or pictures?

from my previous post.. :occasion14:

QPKaEiV.jpg

finder waiting for a scan???
wont remove encrustations....
wont provide basic dimensions.

but...still asks for id help.

me thinks something very odd here.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if It's Delicate I Wouldn't Clean it either .
Looks cool as is.

banned from the Vatican :coffee2: Sweet :laughing7: Brownie Points to you for that :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, removing crust is a basic on conversation, it just seems like a lack of conservation which is trouble, especially on an artefact of potential value.

banned by the Vatican...that is a story.....

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Once again let me remind you that the bell is just 8" tall and 5" wide at the base.
So then what are the average dimensions for the bells of various ships in the 15th - 19th centuries? If it is significantly out of line with the average size, what type of bells from the same time range fit those dimensions?

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even broader , With the dimensions given, what would that size bell be used for regarding ANYTHING in the 15th-19th century? , sailing ship or not.. dinner, religious, signaling device, .. It was there for a reason

Skream1

Apr 6, 2019
Detector(s) used
n/a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know of a link for searching further south Guatamala area?

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know of a link for searching further south Guatamala area?

hahahahaha...asking for information!

"fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you"

After being tricked once, one should learn from one's mistakes and avoid being tricked in the same way again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Xaos we are here on Tnet to share info on treasure wrecks and help each other. If you have a problem with that I suggest you hang out on SUB-ARCH.net or thunting.net and see how your views pan out there.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Information is a 2 way street. We we asked to help with the ID of the bell, but arent given the most basic information.

Asking for more information, is well, a bit unfair to those who provided information all along with no response.

Skream1

Apr 6, 2019
Detector(s) used
n/a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is 'palmetto' but rather 'palmet' but don't know if that makes a difference, as it was the first I'd heard reference to that kind of decoration.

Skream1

Apr 6, 2019
Detector(s) used
n/a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of agree with you Xaos, but I am also very cautious about disclosing much, since I don't know the full extent of the value of this artifact; on its own or as a part of a potential debris field. I came to this site because I thought I might be able to ask questions about the bell, but never expected to see it already posted by someone from the group, whom I assume downloaded it from an Instagram posting from a colleague, just after it was found. Even someone from this site has wondered about sharing that picture here.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Lord..Lets Just End This!

This Bell was never!... ever!... but a small river bell from...the Tifan River...Which transported slaves to the coast for further shipments to the West Indies!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of agree with you Xaos, but I am also very cautious about disclosing much, since I don't know the full extent of the value of this artifact; on its own or as a part of a potential debris field. I came to this site because I thought I might be able to ask questions about the bell, but never expected to see it already posted by someone from the group, whom I assume downloaded it from an Instagram posting from a colleague, just after it was found. Even someone from this site has wondered about sharing that picture here.

Fair enough Skream.....It has been frustrating, as you can see from my posts.....the dimensions of the bell should not be an issue, no?

Just let us know that you are going to hold it close, and that is all good.

Keep us informed when you get more information, and feel comfortable sharing.

In the meantime, good luck with your adventure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread