Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, let that be a lesson in trying to help someone.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a side note I'm currently delivering a yacht from NC to the Florida keys. I got to stay in one of the state rooms instead of the crew cabin this trip.....low and behold what do I see in the bathroom ? A marble soap dish with acanthus leaf motif.....still in use today so many years later. Still a common design theme !!

Just ponder this..if it sank enroute...
100 years from now a diver finds whats left of the wreck, these bathroom tiles, (and the soiled stateroom :icon_thumright:) and claims a Roman Emperor Caligula wreck find off the Keys!!!! :headbang:

I do have some background in wreck searching and location, and several degrees in history; which I enjoy as part of a hunt for something. This was ass backwards.
Several degrees in history, yet cannot ID a simple pattern???

This was ass backwards.
Dont sell yourself short.

And, no I don't know exactly what it is and which ship it came from.
Its whats left of a ships bell.

That said, in doing research and from reading material, even on this site, it seems that many people have their own agendas, so I'm very protective, but wish to get back and do some further investigation on site.

Quite unlike yourself. Still cant bring it to yourself to provide dimensions of the bell? Oh the humanity and burden you must feel.....

Last edited:

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can’t identify it, but that is an incredible find and a very interesting piece of history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread