Are there Affordable Underwater Drones with Coin/small item Catchment capability?

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this morning online there are several affordable Underwater Drones now available, however I haven't found one with the ability to recover small items, coins, artefacts etc; does anyone know of any with this capability and where to buy them?

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the Ancients who would give gifts to the Gods/Water Demons by throwing weapons, coins etc; into rivers and water before crossing them, a drone with the capability of searching and recovering small items would be amazing around Roman and other Ancient bridges.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Affordable" is seldom synonymous with either capable or dependable.
You might look into Blue Robotics Blue ROV2 and add a modified version of their gripper
The units that you see selling for a few hundred dollars are seldom worth even their low price.
https://www.bluerobotics.com/store/rov/bluerov2/bluerov2/

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part, I doubt if anything would be laying on the bottom surface to pick up.

Usually I find coins under bridges with a dredge.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this wireless drone with a vacuum cleaner built into it for sucking up all those gold and silver coins and artifacts.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 2 minutes in the video, it just looks like its tooling along not picking up anything!

Interesting concept, but...

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have any luc? Ive decided to make my own with 3 cameras 3 thrusters lights and a retrieval clamshell for recovering artifacts. Ill have pics when its ready.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread